2014-15 NCAA Basketball Thread: March Madness

LAWeaver

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I was Boise State, I would be mad that I have to play Dayton in a play in game, IN DAYTON.

100% agreed BlackBolt. I would be steamed because it's pretty much a home game for Dayton. I thought that you couldn't have a game on your home court unless you play so many games on it during the season.

Other thoughts:

-So, going 3-12 against the Top 50 is good enough for a bid, eh? Good for you Texas.

-UCLA getting in as well is a shocker. I think the CBS guys nailed it: The committee gave love to power conference teams who had built in games against high level teams.

-If I'm Utah and Georgetown, I would bring my brown pants... Stephen F. Austin and Eastern Washington are two of the scariest low seeds out there.

The American is in the same level as the Mountain West, MAC, C-USA, Sun Belt and in basketball terms, the Big East, the A-10, Missouri Valley and the West Coast conference...two bid leagues at best.

Last season the A-10 got six bids, and the Big East got four. This season the Big East is projected to get five bids. A bit more than "two bid leagues at best".

The American, A-10, Big East, Missouri Valley and Mountain West are considered "high major" conferences. C-USA, MAC and Sun Belt are all Mid-Major conferences. The WCC is somewhere in between, because it would be a 1-bid league almost every season without Gonzaga pushing up conference ratings and providing conference teams with a chance to beat a top-15 opponent.

And got three this year.

The Power 5 autonomy (+ Big East) has taken over even more and they only make up five of the 10 member committee.

If I was Boise State, I would be mad that I have to play Dayton in a play in game, IN DAYTON.

100% agreed BlackBolt. I would be steamed because it's pretty much a home game for Dayton. I thought that you couldn't have a game on your home court unless you play so many games on it during the season.

Other thoughts:

-So, going 3-12 against the Top 50 is good enough for a bid, eh? Good for you Texas.

-UCLA getting in as well is a shocker. I think the CBS guys nailed it: The committee gave love to power conference teams who had built in games against high level teams.

-If I'm Utah and Georgetown, I would bring my brown pants... Stephen F. Austin and Eastern Washington are two of the scariest low seeds out there.

Well, it's not like there's multiple sites for the First Four games. It's just the one site, and that's it. And if the committee feels Dayton is one of the last at-larges, it's not fair to the field to bump them to the next round and knock back another team that deserved and earned the higher seeding.

As for the locals....good luck, fellas. Georgia gets Michigan State, a team that's an annual threat for the Final Four. Georgia State gets Baylor, a team that's getting a lot of love for a sleeper run to this Final Four.

Pfffftttt UCLA... wow. Flip Dayton with UCLA, throw the Bruins out the field and throw in Temple and it's at least respectable.

Wouldn't hurt to put Texas out/in the First Four either.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Pfffftttt UCLA... wow. Flip Dayton with UCLA, throw the Bruins out the field and throw in Temple and it's at least respectable.

Wouldn't hurt to put Texas out/in the First Four either.

Texas is top 20 in KenPom.

CALIrhwUkAA0-ub_zpswzulq33r.png

And a tournament bid pocketed him (Rick Barnes) another $125K!

Hey, the SWAC isn't a 16 seed! CBS was sweating them out too.

You must have forgot that Texas Southern beat (7th seeded) Michigan State @Michigan State earlier this season. The Tigers maybe a 15 seed but they are no slouch!!

I cant say so much about Hampton on the other hand...

GrizzlyBlack Designs, UDC Firebird

Hey, the SWAC isn't a 16 seed! CBS was sweating them out too.

You must have forgot that Texas Southern beat (7th seeded) Michigan State @Michigan State earlier this season. The Tigers maybe a 15 seed but they are no slouch!!

I cant say so much about Hampton on the other hand...

No, I didn't. TSU had to wait until the last region to be named on CBS to know where and who. And they still were a 15 and seen as team 61/68 with those road wins. They're the top 15 seed.

Final Four prediction: Kentucky, Arizona, Michigan State, & Gonzaga.

Heart said Arizona champs, head overruled with Kentucky perfect season.

I have Arizona winning it all over... Iowa State

Go ahead, call me crazy for having Iowa State in the National Championship

You want bold predictions? You got 'em:

First Round Upsets

-Buffalo over West Virginia

-Valparaiso over Maryland

-Harvard over North Carolina

-BYU over Xavier

-LSU over North Carolina State

-Dayton over Providence

-Stephen F. Austin over Providence

-Eastern Washington over Georgetown

-Davidson over Iowa

Second Round Surprises

-Buffalo into Sweet 16 with win over Valparaiso

-Wichita State over Kansas

-Dayton over Oklahoma

-Michigan State over Virginia

-Stephen F. Austin into Sweet 16 with win over Eastern Washington

-Davidson over Gonzaga

My Elite Eight

-Kentucky (defeated Buffalo)

-Notre Dame (defeated Wichita State)

-Wisconsin (defeated Arkansas)

-Arizona (defeated Baylor)

-Louisville (defeated Villanova)

-Michigan State (defeated BYU)

-Duke (defeated Stephen F. Austin)

-Iowa State (defeated Davidson)

My Final Four

-Notre Dame (defeated Kentucky)

-Wisconsin (defeated Arizona)

-Michigan State (defeated Louisville)

-Iowa State (defeated Duke)

National Championship Prediction

-Wisconsin 74, Iowa State 67

25yzwqg.png

As long as the mayns from Wisconsin winconson wallop Coastal Carolina, I'll be happy.

Losing to your rival in the conference title game 2 years in a row is enough, no way I want to see them be the first 16 to beat a 1.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I ended up with a Final Four of Kentucky, Arizona, Virginia, and Duke, with Kentucky going 40-0 beating Duke in the title game. Chalk, I know, but the top teams seem to be a cut above this year (especially Kentucky)

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Archived