SEC Football Uniforms – Back to the Basics

tbdaniel15

I don't think the cuffs hurt the look all that much. Conforming colors would work better of course, but contrasting isn't awful. I second the black alternate.

I think a black alternate would look great. I also wouldn't mind seeing a yellow alternate for Mizzou. These concepts have come along so nicely, I think we all would vote for seeing a third jersey for every team.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gold and black jerseys look great for Mizzou and Georgie.

The only change I would have on Mizzou is the order of the 3 stripes. I think it always looks better when the white stripe is in the middle. I know its late now and would be a pain to update all 3 uniforms.

Excited to see Arkansas

Amazing how something so simple can look so good. Especially with how *wild* their recent sets have been. The new uniforms have certainly grown on me, but I'd love something like this. Maybe even add the Razorback logo to the shoulders, Darren McFadden era like. It would look really good especially if you aren't going to go with TV numbers.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Don't ever mention that failure of an anthracite uniform ever...

I don't really think you need one to be honest, unless you want to try something new. Some kind of incorporation of the baseball script A would be pretty cool.

ojNNazQ.jpg

For the third set, should I recreate the throwback or add an anthracite jersey?

I would avoid a "throwback" since these uniform concepts are already "back to the basics." Anthracite uniforms, when done right, are very sharp. The main issue is throwing anthracite in with teams that don't have a similar color or doesn't compliment well.

Although Arkansas doesn't have gray in their school colors, it would compliment very nicely with the red and white. My vote goes for a gray uniform. It doesn't have to be monochrome, but a gray jersey with complimenting helmet/pants would be nice.

Didn't realize the throwback helmets only had one "F". Man it needs a second. I like the move to the F helmet, but not so much the jersey. I feel like it's just lacking so much without the shoulder stripes.

ojNNazQ.jpg

Is there any way you would be willing to mock up a gray Arkansas uniform? I think it would really go well with the current set. The throwback uniform looks like Alabama's current set. Now, we haven't seen your concept for the Crimson Tide, but I can't imagine it being TOO much different than their current look.

As for Florida, its tough to mess with their current uniforms because they are nearly perfect. However, I think the set needs the orange helmet. There is something about it that meshes so well with the white shirt and blue pants or the blue shirt and white pants. Also, I would carry the outline up to the F on the helmet that you have on the numerals - for consistency's sake.

Speaking of Florida, what font did you use for the Florida numerals?

Is there any way you would be willing to mock up a gray Arkansas uniform? I think it would really go well with the current set. The throwback uniform looks like Alabama's current set. Now, we haven't seen your concept for the Crimson Tide, but I can't imagine it being TOO much different than their current look.

As for Florida, its tough to mess with their current uniforms because they are nearly perfect. However, I think the set needs the orange helmet. There is something about it that meshes so well with the white shirt and blue pants or the blue shirt and white pants. Also, I would carry the outline up to the F on the helmet that you have on the numerals - for consistency's sake.

Speaking of Florida, what font did you use for the Florida numerals?

I can mock up a gray Arkansas and have it for the first Florida update. Also, the font used for Florida is "High School USA Sans."

So for the first update, should I bring the stripes up to the sleeves? And also change the helmet to orange? I'll go with majority!

Didn't realize the throwback helmets only had one "F". Man it needs a second. I like the move to the F helmet, but not so much the jersey. I feel like it's just lacking so much without the shoulder stripes.

Why would it have two Fs......?

Anyway these are all very clean. I think Georgia would look better with a shoulder stripe more consistent with the pants. Either northwestern stripe on both, or traditional dawg pants stripes on the sleeves as well. But still a good look.

Why would it have two Fs......?

The other side of the helmet...?

ojNNazQ.jpg

Archived