SEC Football Uniforms – Back to the Basics

tbdaniel15

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would've liked white pants with the orange jersey (or a blue helmet, just match 2 of the elements), but Florida looks good.

EDIT: They do look good, but the mismatched striping patterns annoy me a little. Just a peeve of mine.

Which mismatched parts are you talking about?

Would've liked white pants with the orange jersey (or a blue helmet, just match 2 of the elements), but Florida looks good.

EDIT: They do look good, but the mismatched striping patterns annoy me a little. Just a peeve of mine.

Which mismatched parts are you talking about?

The helmet stripes and jersey stripes.

For example, on the home, the helmet stripes go blue-orange-white. On the jersey, it's orange-white-blue. On the pants, it's blue-white-orange. Me myself would've standardized the pattern. Even the blue pant and jersey stripes don't match. Not to say that it looks bad, I just like consistent striping. The concepts, all of them, are actually very good.

I really like the basic design of A&M's current uniforms, but I like these a bit better. If there weren't already so many SEC teams that wear shoulder stripes, let alone Northwestern stripes, I'd be all for this. But the double shoulder yoke stripes are really nice.

But as far as the design goes, it's bothering me that the shoulders have 3 stripes, yet the helmet and pants only have 2...

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Sorry, but I'm just not feeling the Gators script on the white helmet. The F logo is far superior and would look much better used on both helmets.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

But as far as the design goes, it's bothering me that the shoulders have 3 stripes, yet the helmet and pants only have 2...

That's a pretty common look all college and football uniforms. I used to be the same way... I wanted the helmet, to match the sleeve, to match the pants.

But if you look at the old Ohio State, Iowa, Oklahoma, Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, USC, the list goes on... the helmet and pants usually match, and the jersey has a different stripe pattern. It adds some character to uniforms. As long as there aren't 3 different stripe patterns, I'm ok with it.

I like Mississippi State. I like their current vertical stripe, but this is a nice update as well. Can I ask what fonts you used for Arkansas and Mississippi State?

That's a pretty common look all college and football uniforms. I used to be the same way... I wanted the helmet, to match the sleeve, to match the pants.

But if you look at the old Ohio State, Iowa, Oklahoma, Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, USC, the list goes on... the helmet and pants usually match, and the jersey has a different stripe pattern. It adds some character to uniforms. As long as there aren't 3 different stripe patterns, I'm ok with it.

I like Mississippi State. I like there current vertical stripe, but this is a nice update as well. Can I ask what fonts you used for Arkansas and Mississippi State?

The three stripes on the sleeve is based off of what A&M wore in the late 1960's. I agree with being iffy on the design because it isn't uniform, but it is tradition! I would try the 3 stripes on the pants, but it just look whacky. Here's a pic of the 1967 press guide:

c603e06a6e20cfeeeccf47c7900a3303.jpg

As for the fonts I used, Arkansas is a Los Angeles Kings inspired text, and by State I assume you meant to ask about A&M, which is Academic M54, and the numbers are custom made based on what they where currently.

As for the fonts I used, Arkansas is a Los Angeles Kings inspired text, and by State I assume you meant to ask about A&M, which is Academic M54, and the numbers are custom made based on what they where currently.

Sorry, yup, A&M. So you don't have actual font files for the numbers?

Sorry, yup, A&M. So you don't have actual font files for the numbers?

Unfortunately no. I used images from A&M's current set to mock up these numbers while leaving out the accented gray embosses part. Sorry! If I knew how to create a custom font I'd do it for you! Haha

Archived