Arizona quietly picking up steam in the Sweepstakes. They're in third place right now, only 7 points behind awful Edmonton. Let the conspiracy theories begin.

If only they weren't 5-0 this year against Edmonton… go 3-2 and they're only one point apart.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Playoff hopes dwindling for the Bruins, maybe they can draft Connor McDavid and then trade him in two years for Ian Cole, Steve Ott, and a 2020 first.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Playoff hopes dwindling for the Bruins, maybe they can draft Connor McDavid and then trade him in two years for Ian Cole, Steve Ott, and a 2020 first.

I'm a actually cool with the Bruins tanking for McDavid, or better yet, Eichel or Hanfin, since they're good old Massachusets boys! :P

As per that proposed trade of yours; if that were to actually happen, I would flip a googleplex of tables.

Maybe Carolina... he & Skinner could be the new Toews & Kane.

Except I'm not sure the hundreds of Hurricane fans will be enough.

If by new Toews and Kans you mean McDavid equalling the offensive output of the 2 and Skinner being injured and diving all game they could for sure be the new Toews and Kane.

The Leafs aren't looking to good atm so I'm hoping they make a run at a top 3 pick.

untitled-6.jpg

I'm told that the Sabres are back in first place in the Sweepstakes due to tiebreakers... all they had to do was go 0-10! You put up a heck of a fight, Edmonton, but we'll take it from here.

1b83553b-911c-4cf7-aa64-244431aa1927.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Toronto would be the perfect lottery winner with Buffalo finishing 2nd: the Canadian city gets the Canadian, the American city gets the American, the league's co-flagship franchise gets the generational player, a team that's still pretty important in the grand scheme of things gets a player who's still really good in the grand scheme of things.

We don't live in a perfect world so he'll just end up in goddamn Raleigh.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Toronto would be the perfect lottery winner with Buffalo finishing 2nd: the Canadian city gets the Canadian, the American city gets the American, the league's co-flagship franchise gets the generational player, a team that's still pretty important in the grand scheme of things gets a player who's still really good in the grand scheme of things.

We don't live in a perfect world so he'll just end up in goddamn Raleigh.

My exact thoughts. The bitter hate that already exists between the two cities, then add in the McDavid vs Eichel rivalry. It really would be something special. Despite my hate for them, I really do feel the league is better off with Buffalo being a strong franchise as far as standings go.

untitled-6.jpg

If/when the Sabres finish last, they have an 80% chance of getting Eichel. The draft odds were also flattened out, giving the less bad teams a better shot at #1. We could see it come into play this year.

There's bitter hate between Toronto and Buffalo? Like, just in general? Going both ways? Why, though?

They're Buffalo's little brother that grew up and now outshines the big brother that became a meth head and steals money off the parents' dresser.

I was actually surprised to see somebody hate Buffalo, too. We really couldn't be more innocuous! I "hate" Toronto in the friendly sports way. It's a cool city and Buffalonians consider themselves honorary Canadians. We had the first American Tim Hortons! Do we not all watch the same African Lion Safari commercials (off Hwy 8 between Hamilton and Cambridge)? We're so friendly, we have a Friendship Festival! We keep our side of the Falls crappy so that we don't upstage yours! Buffalo's homeless wear the clothes that Canadians generously leave in our mall parking lots! I want to beat them more than other teams, but they would be my second pick to win the Cup.

We all know Buffalo won't win this thing... they never win anything.

Even when they lose...they still lose.

That could happen.

Finishing last is about guaranteeing Eichel, with the possibility of a surprise upgrade to concierge-level McDavid.

The worst team only has a 20% chance at McDavid.

Archived