• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest, I probably thought of Edmonton the least out of all the possible destinations for McDavid.

Nah, the result didn't surprise me in the least. It was surely going to be one of Buffalo, Arizona, or Edmonton- the rest would've been a huge upset.

In a way, I'm happy that he'll be playing in Canada. Let's see Bettman try to keep NBC away from here now. Arizona would've been a stupid result, & well Buffalo we all know can't anything at anything

I sighed a huge relief once Philadelphia & New Jersey didn't win... I don't want either as NHL centerpieces.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

LOL Bettman. Time for this clown to go away now, this league's become an even bigger joke than it was yesterday.

Dude, if Bettman was gonna rig it, we'd being seeing Connor McDavid the Coyote next season.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

That's what you get for tanking, Buffalo! Glad the Sabres didn't win the lottery. Deliberately trying to not win games in multiple seasons is shameful business.

Now, if you're Edmonton, do you keep the #1 and likely take McDavid, or do you have a team make an unbelievable offer?

And if you're Buffalo, what all do you package together to acquire the #1 pick? They have at least two #1 picks in this draft. Not quite sure how much talent (namely, on defense) the Sabres have in the form of prospects or current NHL talent, but you have to make a substantial offer to Edmonton, right?

My belief: You can offer Edmonton a slew of first-round picks and current All-Stars, and the Oilers won't bite. That franchise and that city had to give up Gretzky once before, and they don't want to do that again with McDavid.

Also, this should be another factoid in that Bettman doesn't hate Canada. And, the Coyotes don't get this savior that saves the team from relocating. Not that I would have had a problem with the Coyotes getting McDavid...if he gets butts in the seats and helps that team actually make money, everyone's a winner.

This was the worst possible outcome. Is there any realistic way he can basically tell the Oilers to go to hell? Or will they just sit on his contract for however many years and play a depressing game of chicken? I'm not apt with this whole NHL draft/rookie/contract/numbers/book-learnin'.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I don't think he's happy right now.

He's not going to Lindros it or call attention to it, but I don't think he likes it.

On Twitter, I see tweets hoping he pulls a Lindros.

That just shows you how hockey fans outside Edmonton feel about the Oilers

That's what you get for tanking, Buffalo! Glad the Sabres didn't win the lottery. Deliberately trying to not win games in multiple seasons is shameful business.

They still got Eichel.

Now, if you're Edmonton, do you keep the #1 and likely take McDavid, or do you have a team make an unbelievable offer?

Not a chance. Would be the dumbest move ever.

I don't think he's happy right now.

He's not going to Lindros it or call attention to it, but I don't think he likes it.

On Twitter, I see tweets hoping he pulls a Lindros.

That just shows you how hockey fans outside Edmonton feel about the Oilers

What did we ever do wrong?

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

LOL Bettman. Time for this clown to go away now, this league's become an even bigger joke than it was yesterday.

You're blaming Bettman for not the lottery for Phoenix? wut

IIRC I had seen somewhere before that McDavid said he wasn't going to Lindros.

What's he gonna say? "I'm gonna be a total minge about this just like one of the most hated #1 picks of all time because that worked so swimmingly for his career"? Maybe he won't say that stuff, but his representation will.

This sucks. I wanted to see what this kid is capable of doing, but there's no way he can flourish under that management.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Deliberately trying not to win in some seasons and accidentally not winning in others, however, seems to be okay.

I sighed a huge relief once Philadelphia & New Jersey didn't win... I don't want either as NHL centerpieces.

sir I have some bad news

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Unreal.

I'm more angry at this outcome than I thought I'd be. How many chances is that circus going to get up there? Infinite, evidently.

I don't see what Bettman has to do with this, LO. Your NBA has a lottery with a much more ignominious past with many more cases of wildly improbable teams winning the number one pick. What's he supposed to do? I'm sure he's real happy about the best player in a generation going to a tiny Canadian market with incompetent management. I'm sure that's what he wanted.

If anything, this shows this whole thing is definitely not rigged.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived