CC47-LVWYAAPIUt.png

The much-loved "first pick goes to the team that wins the most after being mathematically eliminated" plan still would've given the #1 to Edmonton. It's an Oilers world and we're just livin' in it.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about prohibiting teams from picking top-three in consecutive drafts? It'd make things more fair while still giving wastelands like Edmonton something. Didn't the NBA have a rule like that once upon a time?

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Doesn't this feel a bit like when the Clippers won the Blake Griffin Sweepstakes in 2009?

Super hyped prospect goes to team that had been floundering even longer than these Oilers, everyone predicts doom and gloom.

OTOH, who's be the Oilers' CP3?

Yeah I'd say Taylor Hall. He has decent numbers when he's healthy, but he'd have much better stats if he played for the Stars, let's say.

When the Oilers are in their offensive zone they are a scary team and they might lead the league in flashy goals, but they only scored 198 total because they spend 2/3 of every game in their own zone. Their problems are that they don't have that solid puck moving defenseman to break out to those talented forwards and they don't have the goal-tending to bail the defense out when they make turnover after turnover.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• 1 month later...

Yeah, what did that schmuck Brad Richards ever do besides win a Conn Smythe?

Seeing as I remember him more for going after money & SWATing the Rangers... I was glad Toronto didn't pay him.

Leaf bias, what can I say.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Yeah, what did that schmuck Brad Richards ever do besides win a Conn Smythe?

Seeing as I remember him more for going after money & SWATing the Rangers... I was glad Toronto didn't pay him.

Leaf bias, what can I say.

I'm a Leafs fan...and I don't see how that factors into anything at all.

• 4 weeks later...

Everyones yammering at the NHL Draft when they make their pick. Tim Murry makes the pick and makes it short and sweet. "Buffalo selects Jack Eichel"

Tim Murray didn't thank anyone because Tim Murray doesn't understand advanced interpersonal concepts such as gratitude or politeness. Guy probably talks to every waiter he has like he's addressing the Soup Nazi.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I can't believe I spent 3 and a half hours of my life watching the draft, when my team was done halfway through, and the only reason I was watching was done after 15 minutes.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

I can't believe I spent 3 and a half hours of my life watching the draft, when my team was done halfway through, and the only reason I was watching was done after 15 minutes.

Nah man that's part of the fun. The first draft I ever watched was 2007 and I went to it in Columbus (only to see the new EDGE uniforms) and I've watched every draft since. It's fun to see guys from the time they're 18 (or 17 in Zack Werenski's ridiculous case) and watch them until they become bonafide stars or busts. You'll remember these guys as they advance or don't advance in their careers.

I remember watching the draft and thinking, "man that Angelo Esposito seems like a real dip$%!t", and guess what, he never played a single NHL game

PvO6ZWJ.png

Hell, it could be worse... I got home from work in time to see the 26th pick and was excited I didn't miss the Lightning's pick. They then decided to troll me and trade it away.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Archived