The Kings have a 3.5% chance at McDavid right now, as crazy as that sounds... how mad would the NHL be if they managed to narrowly miss the playoffs, pull a 2008 Bulls and win the lottery? B)

Their Dynasty would be sealed.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a bit of a soft spot for the Sabres. One of my best friends is a Sabres fan, so I like to trash talk 'me, but all in all, they're harmless. :D

And it's 3-0 Leafs over Edmonton after the 2nd in the McDavid Bowl. Wouldn't that just be just the Leaf-est thing, to get within striking distance of a top-three pick and then start winning.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

The Kings have a 3.5% chance at McDavid right now, as crazy as that sounds... how mad would the NHL be if they managed to narrowly miss the playoffs, pull a 2008 Bulls and win the lottery? B)

Oh, the amount of things I would break.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

As would I, but I don't think the NHL would really be upset unless they're in full-on Coyotes-or-bust mode. And if they are, then they're just going to rig it for them anyway.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

This drives me crazy. The Sabres are actually behind their league-worst pace from last year, but Edmonton is right behind them in the Sweepstakes. Edmonton is actually worse from a pure win-loss perspective.

And the Leafs responded to the firing of their hardass coach by playing like a team that really, really needs a hardass coach. I don't think they get how this works.

There's bitter hate between Toronto and Buffalo? Like, just in general? Going both ways? Why, though?

Well, Buffalo has been Toronto's American media gateway... local Buffalo tv/news is hilarious.

Of course that's evolving what with digital cable & whatnot.

I think if we visited one another more often sans border/passport requirements, it'd be as heated as Ottawa-Toronto. Ottawa is a fun rivalry because everyone knows Ottawa is just a suburb of Toronto hey-oh!

Honestly though, enough former Leaf fans/transplanted Torontonians living in Ottawa keep the Sens home games fairly Leaf centric.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

There's bitter hate between Toronto and Buffalo? Like, just in general? Going both ways? Why, though?

I mean in a sports sense. As far as actual cities I don't think there's that big an issue with one another.

I think it's because Buffalo has Jack Astor's but Toronto is still devoid of Johnny Rocket's

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I mean in a sports sense. As far as actual cities I don't think there's that big an issue with one another.

I think it's because Buffalo has Jack Astor's but Toronto is still devoid of Johnny Rocket's
Huh? There's a Johnny Rocket's at my local mall, as well as in a few others around the GTA.

I feel bad for Anders Lindback. We know the real reason why the Sabres got him in exchange for Enroth.

ha thats great for us... bad for him. GO Sabres! could you imagine Kane, Ennis, and McDavid. not to mention Geringsons, and Gregienko. soory for the spelling

Somebody deleted my post from last year's Olympics about how Phil Kessel looks like a mentally retarded public masturbator. :(

But yeah, probably smart to keep him around even if you just draft in the top five. I wouldn't keep Phaneuf, but it's going to be super-awkward when Nonis tells him he's been traded and a betrayed Dion fires back "wow, you really are a trader!"

I feel bad for Anders Lindback. We know the real reason why the Sabres got him in exchange for Enroth.

ha thats great for us... bad for him. GO Sabres! could you imagine Kane, Ennis, and McDavid. not to mention Geringsons, and Gregienko. soory for the spelling

But wait, there's more!!!

Sabres sign Evander Kane, a decent acquisition but who is out for the season, sidelined from an operation. Obviously, this frees up a extra roster spot for some other crappy player to purposely stink up the joint, as they are clearly in Total Tank Mode. Once those players like Lindback are done losing, they're all going to get tossed right back into free agency, before the end of the year.

I know sometimes you just gotta use certain kinds of tactics to get ahead. But on the other hand, I really gotta admire the ambition and drive of whoever the Sabres GM is, lol. There's no denying he has a goal, and he's doing what he needs to, to achieve that goal. :)

People bitched when Buffalo signed Leino and Ehrhoff to big contracts. People are bitching that Buffalo took money off the books and acquired futures while investing heavily in the city. A filthy-rich team owner trying to do right by a depressed northern city sure gives people a big case of the angries, doesn't it?

Archived