• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The beauty about this draft is that with McDavid being head, shoulders, hips, and ankles above the rest and with a legitimate battle for the #2 spot, the guy drafted third is probably gonna be equal to the first overall pick in a normal draft.

Also: Interesting take on why teams might wanna/should pass on Strome https://sabrestop.sportsblog.com/posts/1806403/2015_nhl_draft_watch__dylan_strome_will_be_bust_of_draft.html

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Why is it that there is no talk with regards to Mitch Marner going as #2 to McDavid? Seems like all we hear is McDavid and Eichel but my lord the season this guy is having.

I think he would be a great pick up, however most people I talk to seem to disagree to an extent. I'm pretty sure someone even said he's destine to be the next Corey Locke (however, he was drafted in the 4th round back in 2003).

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

The Sabres' home crowd has turned heel:

Sabres’ home loss to Devils is a crowd-pleaser

There’s been a respectful silence by draft-hopeful Sabres fans on game nights this season. Though many talk about wanting Buffalo to lose during outside conversations, they haven’t voiced their opinion inside First Niagara Center.
That changed Friday night. It’s crazy to think how the Sabres’ next home game might go.
Tank Nation walked into the arena aware that a Buffalo victory would pull the home team within one point of 29th-place Arizona. Since only No. 30 gets a guaranteed shot at prospects Connor McDavid or Jack Eichel, many fans loudly rooted for the New Jersey Devils.
The visitors repaid the support, earning a 3-1 victory to keep Buffalo three points behind the Coyotes with 11 games to go. The Sabres play in Nashville on Saturday night, while Arizona hosts Pittsburgh.
After visiting Dallas on Monday, the Sabres return home to face Arizona on Thursday. Based on Friday’s going-ons, the Coyotes might have home-ice advantage.
While there were certainly pockets of red-clad Devils fans in the generously announced sellout of 19,070, there weren’t enough to reach the decibel levels that came after New Jersey’s goals. There certainly weren’t enough to generate the amount of applause after a Buffalo goal was waved off by video review during the first period.
The dynamic at the Sabres’ six remaining home games should be interesting with the race for last coming down to the wire.
“It can be frustrating when you look at the standings,” Sabres right wing Tyler Ennis said, “so you try not to look at it.”
The Sabres’ Johan Larsson provided the NHL with definitive video of a “distinct kicking motion” during one of the few highlights. He lit the scoring lamp during a rush by Buffalo by booting the puck in the net. Officials went to the video review and quickly overturned the call.
A cheer went up from the crowd.
“Probably the turning point was when Larsson’s goal was disallowed,” Sabres coach Ted Nolan said. “You get a lead on New Jersey, it’s a different game. But when you try to go from behind on them, they clog up the middle and it gets to be a pretty boring game.”

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabres-nhl/sabres-home-loss-to-devils-is-a-crowd-pleaser-20150320

Note that this is the major paper in town, not some random blog.

The part about Larsson "providing" the NHL with definitive video to overturn his own goal sounded like it was from The Onion. Wish you well, Sabres, wish you well.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I don't want to go straight to three-on-three. I'd prefer not to go there at all.

I hear ya. Personally, I'd love a tie at the end of 3 periods, no OT. However, the NHL's hand was forced once poorer teams played keep away to preserve a tie, during regulation- not a very attractive product.

I say try it for a couple seasons, if it scuks, go back 4 on 4. The NHL seems to be afraid of change, unlike the NFL (of all leagues) who will try most anything unafraid to change back.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

I'm really worried that Arizona may not win another game for the rest of the year. I figure their chances of getting a point tonight in Detroit are about as good as my chances of getting drafted into the NHL next year as a 30 year-old who has never played hockey on ice.

Arizona beats Detriot in OT to get the full 2 points. Why did they even try??

Edit: The Sabres and Coyotes square off in a doubleheader Battle for McDavid against those Coyoters Thursday (26th), and next Monday (30th).

Well, they just won, so practice putting on sweaters and smiling vacantly.

I'm getting my skates sharpened, just in case. I would even be excited to be drafted by the Leafs.

That win was huge for my mental health. Now, the Sabres will still be in 30th by one point even if they beat the Coyotes both times in the Loser Series. The Sabres play the Avalanche in between the two Coyotes games, so they could theoretically end up with more points than the Coyotes by the end of the second game, but just go with me here. The Coyotes also play the Penguins in between the two Sabres games.

The Sabres have been scoring 1.5 goals per game in March, so fingers crossed. I will be there in person on 4/6 to root for the Sabres to lose* against the Hurricanes. Just doing my civic duty.

* if necessary

Also, why couldn't the Jacket's be this good earlier in the season? This makes an optimistic fan a sad fan

By season's end they'll be over 500 man games lost. Oh what could have been.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

and it really f****** sucks. Like, why us? Why not the Red Wings?

What is exciting is Marko Dano is looking legit, so is Alex Wennberg, Kerby Rychel is going to develop into a decent second/third liner, Oliver Bjorkstrand is burning through the WHL, and If Ryan Murray could ever stay healthy he'd be the next Scott Niedermayer. Also, Ryan Johansen, Nick Foligno, Scott Hartnell are all having big years and will likely continue to do so in the next couple years, Cam Atkinson reupped for three more years, Dubinsky resigned as well, and there's Bob. Just need to make some upgrades on defense and this team could compete with anyone.

Injuries happen to every team, but there's no way it'll be this bad again next year. It can't be. That's what I keep telling myself. They're this year's version of last year's Islanders. I also keep telling myself that.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived