\/ I took this logo \/

bluejacketsMascot.gif

\/ From this website \/

http://kenloh.com/project.php?skin=1&by=cli&cli_ID=33&p_ID=32

\/ And changed it to look more like the original stinger logo \/

Clb_Alternate.png

\/ And here is the result \/

My_Columbus_Blue_Jackets_Stinger_Logo.pn

What do you think? (this is just for fun) (yes I did use photoshop)

The Blue Jackets can keep their uniform and logo stuff as is but I think they should add in at least one updated Stinger Blue Jacket logo as a alternate logo into their logo scheme.

Yes I can ^^ i'm excited because this is random knowledge that I know! I will have to paraphrase a little bit but...

i believe during the Civil War, one of the armies (forgive me I do not know which side Carolina was on), tried to take the city, and failed. He then described the fighters & the city, as a "hornets nest"

Yes I can ^^ i'm excited because this is random knowledge that I know! I will have to paraphrase a little bit but...

i believe during the Civil War, one of the armies (forgive me I do not know which side Carolina was on), tried to take the city, and failed. He then described the fighters & the city, as a "hornets nest"

that was for charlotte hornets and it was the revolutionary war general Cornwallis said Charlotte was like a hornets nest

I still never understood why they had that as their mascot in the first place. Someone care to explain?

the blue jackets are a term for ohio civil war soldiers used by I think the red coats because the soldiers wore blue uniform jackets

and they can be a bee type insect

like yellow jackets except blue

I still never understood why they had that as their mascot in the first place. Someone care to explain?

I have always wondered this myself. I am hoping someone who knows the answer can tell us.

To clarify some of the incorrect info above,

Don't be too excited.... I assume by your user name you are from the US. If so, you should know some basic things about the US Civil War. There were two sides, the North and the South. And both North and South Carolina were (and still are) most definitely in the south. Oh, and the North (also referred to as the Union) won.

that was for charlotte hornets and it was the revolutionary war general Cornwallis said Charlotte was like a hornets nest

the blue jackets are a term for ohio civil war soldiers used by I think the red coats because the soldiers wore blue uniform jackets

Thanks for clearing up the "hornet's nest" theory.

But as to the other stuff... Uh, no. Let me help you out.

The Revolutionary War was fought between Great Britian and their North American colonists, who called themselves Americans, and their new country the United States of America. The British wore red coats, and that was indeed their nickname This story is interesting, however it has nothing to do with the Columbus Blue Jackets.

The US Civil War was fought between the free northern states and the slave holding southern states. In THAT war, the Union army (the North) wore blue, the Confederate Army (the South) wore (mostly) gray uniforms... As an aside, in case you ever wondered, this is where the college football game called the "Blue Gray" game got its name... The best players from northern schools play the best players from southern schools.

So, the Columbus Blue Jackets are named for the Civil War soldiers from the Columbus area that wore union blue.

As to why they use a bee as their mascot, I still don't know. Maybe it has something to do with a "hornet's nest" somewhere, but I seriosuly doubt it. No battle was fought in Columbus Ohio. Maybe they just wanted a cute mascot they could sell to children as stuffed animals, and "blue jacket" sounds like "yellow jacket", which is an actual name for a bee (see Ga. Tech).

I'd like to see this on a third or fauxback of some kind. I'd rather they have a fun and original alternate than the derivative third they use now with the hideous vintage white. You definitely improved the concept logo by removing the black and if a bug must be used in a hockey logo, you might as well go all the way with it.

eh??

alternate logo for stinger anyone?

STINNGERRRR.png

This.
CCM actually made Center Ice practice jerseys with that logo on it. I own one.

Regarding the concept at hand, I love it. I've always been a fan of both the stinger logo and the use of neon green as an accent color.

The bend of the thorax is a little strange, however. It seems like it should be straighter. It almost looks like the top half is riding the bottom half like a horse right now.

Archived