Browns 15' Uniforms 360 Concept

JH360

the orange mask is a bit too loud i think. whatever other color you make it (brown, white, gray) will be much easier on the eyes. the stripe is fine, im not sure if altering the one identifiable thing about their identity is the best way to go, but if you're going that way i'd like to see some repetition of it in other pieces of the uniform. for example, you could stroke the numbers the same way.

each piece of the uniform has a different stripe and no real unity between them. on the road uni, the stripes are all different colors which makes it even more visually disjointed. just bring some of that helmet stripe into either the jersey or pants (or both?) and you'll have some repetition and unity.

I will definitely try a brown facemask with these. The Browns originally had a single white helmet stripe so it's not altering things as much as bringing something back. I did first repeat the helmet stripe in the pants when I started. I experimented with a lot of different pant stripe designs before I found the frontside wrap stripe that I liked. Here's a few earlier, more standard ideas.

white_stripe_long_pant.jpgOrange_stripe_pant.jpgwhite_stripe_pant.jpg

Adding just a white swath on the pants doesn't address the inconsistency. The helmet has a thick white stripe, surrounded by a thin brown stripe. The pants have just a random white swath on them. The shoulders have a thin brown stripe, surrounded by 2 thicker orange stripes in a swooping shape. The jersey is brown and orange, the pants are orange and white. Its disjointed.

Also @ BrandMooreArt. The width of the mostly front pant stripe matching the width of the helmet stripe is enough of the same element to me without having to add the thin brown stripes to make it exactly identical. It's similar to the wide grey stripes on the front of the Seahawks jerseys roughly matching the wide grey stripe encircling the helmet. That said, I will do some mock ups where I bring that helmet stripe through to see how it looks.

Also, that Vikings like, swooping shape on the shoulder is supposed to represent ears pinned back. As in dog ears. Maby I need to curve the tip more to represent that better.

That alternate is pretty different. I know you are going for a different look, but I think the separation between the brown numbers and orange uniform is not contrasted enough. Maybe a white stroke around the text? Might tie it in with the white stripe in the pants. Just a thought.

I loathe the different color trim around the numbering look on most football jerseys. I guess it works sometimes. It's not as bad as the drop shadow look. I've noticed some NFL teams that aren't using trim still use subtle black outline to make the color pop more. Something similar could be done to the brown numbers here on the alternate to make it pop better. The actual team brown is probably a little darker than what I'm using; it looks basically black on TV.

Alternate_Uniform_All_Orange_Front_II.jp

• 1 month later...

Greetings again. Last and final update of this concept with a new presentation. Decided on a brown fask mask. Brought a hint of white into the home brown on brown by using the Nike trademarks and chest team name. The pants stripes aren't that disimilar to the Bengals and Broncos above the knee stripes. It's just the rest of the stripe is omitted here for a more austere look that matches the helmet stripe. They kind of remind me of car parking lights. The shoulder stripes morph into a ear shape around the back. It makes me think of elf or dog ears. I think this concept is basically badass with a wee bit of fun. It's modern without going too far. I dare the new uniforms to look as good.

The real new uniforms come out in about 2 months. Till then, share your thoughts. Don't worry about offending me (impossible), I'll like to here what the final verdict on these are from this board.

browns_new_home_uniform.jpg

Archived