Uniforms that frustrate and anger you

ThePeam

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Rangers wearing red caps with their white jerseys. They don't look good with the blue lettering on the jerseys. Why don't they bring a white jersey a-la the late 90s that has "Rangers" in red to match the red caps?

Another one that has been discussed to death on this website--the Titans white jersey and navy pants.

The Kansas City Chiefs. The sleeve stripes were moved off of the cuff after the Nike takeover, which almost ruins the jersey for me.

Before --

Chiefs.jpg

After --

Jamaal-Charles-July-2014.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I like what Nike did to the Chiefs, to me that's a good upgrade. With tighter and tighter jerseys over the years, cuff stripes have been disappearing or cut off. To me this is a nice way to incorporate their stripes so that they don't disappear in a modern template. I wish the Redskins/Steelers/49ers (and I'm sure there are others) would do likewise.

Back with Reebok, you couldn't even see the stripes half the time

jamaal-charles.jpgJamaal_Charles2.jpg

90758391980.gif

The Steelers jerseys, the stripe looks awful on the current Nike template, they need to update to the newest one and get the stripes from the Ohio State jerseys

NzlLaF7.png

OSU's stripes themselves don't bother me. It's how the back of the stripe panel fits in with the rest of the back. I don't like the point whatsoever.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

I like what Nike did to the Chiefs, to me that's a good upgrade. With tighter and tighter jerseys over the years, cuff stripes have been disappearing or cut off. To me this is a nice way to incorporate their stripes so that they don't disappear in a modern template. I wish the Redskins/Steelers/49ers (and I'm sure there are others) would do likewise.

That is an interesting point. However, given the choice, I'd rather see the TV number and the remnants of a stripe than what they have now.

Maybe that is only because the Chiefs have always had the stripe on the cuffs. Whatever the reason, the Nike version just looks completely wrong to me.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

That is an interesting point. However, given the choice, I'd rather see the TV number and the remnants of a stripe than what they have now.

Maybe that is only because the Chiefs have always had the stripe on the cuffs. Whatever the reason, the Nike version just looks completely wrong to me.

EDIT: n/m I think I misinterpreted your post originally. I thought you meant that you wished the nike Chiefs unis had tv numbers period.

90758391980.gif

I agree 100% about the Chiefs. And the biggest reason it stinks is because they lost that great, great sleeve font. Look at how bold and clear that font was compared to the scaled down crap that's on their shoulders currently. Of course, they couldn't just move the old font over to the shoulders because they lack real estate with Nike insistence on having a colossal neck opening and also a 3-inch wide collar. The Bears kept their sleeve font with the move to Nike, but the numbers are noticeably smaller than they were in previous seasons and don't look nearly as good.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

It's good to have company on this. :)

The Steelers jerseys, the stripe looks awful on the current Nike template, they need to update to the newest one and get the stripes from the Ohio State jerseys

NzlLaF7.png

OSU's stripes themselves don't bother me. It's how the back of the stripe panel fits in with the rest of the back. I don't like the point whatsoever.

The point is better than the stripes being cut off on anything besides the QB Template

hi-res-dcc8fd3e28754d17bfd9d17be34a129a_

Unacceptable IMO

dhlJpvy.png
rxzieid.png

NzlLaF7.png

If they do that, the swoosh won't be highly visible. Which is the whole point of producing and paying a boatload of money for the contract.

NzlLaF7.png

If they do that, the swoosh won't be highly visible. Which is the whole point of producing and paying a boatload of money for the contract.

Black swoosh in the middle of the Yellow

dhlJpvy.png
rxzieid.png

NzlLaF7.png

That's not very visible from afar.

NzlLaF7.png

Neither is a tiny swoosh anywhere on the uniform.

They should blow it up 500% and replace all sleeve stripes and/or logos with giant swooshes. It'll be more visible and the stripes won't distract the viewer from what's most important, the Swoosh.

PvO6ZWJ.png

NzlLaF7.png

They should blow it up 500% and replace all sleeve stripes and/or logos with giant swooshes. It'll be more visible and the stripes won't distract the viewer from what's most important, the Swoosh.

This mad my day.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

Please tell me you're suggesting we bring back the Hockey World Cup '96 uniform initiative.

12.3.13_Weight_96.jpg

1 man, 4 swooshes.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

I'm gonna throw something out here that I don't know if it's been mentioned yet. But seeing this team all year just frustrated me. And I'm not looking forward to seeing my Auburn Tigers face them in the Outback Bowl.

I can't stand that they removed the TV numbers. I know it's a little thing, but it ruins the look for me. I always thought Wisconsin looked a bit better than Nebraska for whatever reason, but this change reverses that for me.

wisconsin-vs-bowling-green-sept-2o0.jpg

I can't stand the black stripes on Wisky's red (alternate, fortunately) helmet. Their school colors are red and white and they otherwise do a good job of keeping it that way. I know reversing the exact stripe pattern of the original wouldn't have quite the same "flow" as the original does, but I still think they should do that. The black on the helmet sticks out like a sore thumb.

The original red helmet did just that...I am in phone so cannot post a pic. It was better.

maxresdefault.jpg

See, now that looks pretty good. Still not quite as good as with the white helmet, but better than with the black stripe.

NzlLaF7.png

Don't forget the helmets! Giant swooshes covering both sides.

1006292352491go_cougs_shed.jpg

Archived