Uniforms that frustrate and anger you

ThePeam

Yeah I forgot to mention the atrocious Steelers' font, if anyone wants to see the perfect way to RUIN a uni set, with minimal change, look no further than the Steelers italicizing in the 90's.

I guess I'm in the minority that really likes it. I think it is a perfect way to separate eras, and does add a contemporary touch to an otherwise uber traditional uniform. That it's not a jaggedy, overdesigned custom font is part of what makes it great. It doesn't have the same contrived "qualities" as many of the current custom fonts, isn't the cliche stencil font that every concept seems to use, and they kept it one color which IMO keeps the emphasis on the "fancy" sleeve stripes, but adds just a little bit of style to the body.

I see people all the time point out differences in the way some numbers are slanted, and that it doesn't match the helmet numbers exactly, and I just can't see an issue here. Other than subjective love for the "classic" style (which is perfectly fine if anyone feels that way), I haven't read any objective critique that I agree with - the "flaws" that are pointed out IMO aren't flaws.

Finally...I was starting to think I was alone in this opinionation. :)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It long bugged me that the Chargers aren't consistent with their bolt. Easy enough to have it be on white background always.

BoltOnWhite.jpg

This. It's always driven me nuts.

Also, watching the Series, the inconsistency in the Giants' piping is infuriating. Why on earth are the sleeves and pants black with an orange outline, while the neck/chest piping is plain black? Seems so arbitrary.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

2 pages in and no one mentioned the cowboys?

Anyways I'll say the San Jose Sharks, arguably the best uniform out of the reebokalypse in 2007

jonathan_cheechoo_2009_03_03.jpg

So what do they do?

464128557_slide.jpg

For me the Sharks fall in the "lack of waist stripe" category. The orange pisses me off too with them it's like they couldn't decide if they wanted orange or not so just threw in a random stripe.

The Cowboys I just forgot about. The mismatching is frustrating but at this point I think their famous for it. The rarely used blue set is beautiful though.

Nothing comes close to their original set. That was a modern classic.

Agreed

San-Jose-Sharks-Teal-Jersey-1991-1998.jp

I always thought the black in the Avalanche uniform was a bit BFBS. It doesn't look terrible, and I know they have black helmets, but the socks have no black and jerseys have barely any. I think blue pants and helmets would look good.

487564799_10.jpg

The Indians' use of two different shades of navy for their hats. That lighter shade of navy has driven me nuts for years.

For the vast majority of the franchise's history, they used the dark navy (think Tigers, Yankees, etc.). In 2003, they went to the lighter shade of navy (Brewers, Rays, etc.). When the block C hat was introduced as part of the fauxback home alt set in 2008, dark navy was re-introduced -- but the Wahoo hats remained lighter, and they have ever since the current uniform arrangement was rolled out in 2011.

I'm also annoyed by the use of gray trim on the team's blue alternate jersey. When it was introduced as the "road" alternate, it made some sense. But the blue jersey is worn regularly at home -- all Tuesday home games -- so it's not really a "road" jersey anymore.

This may surprise some people, but....

Aaron+Rodgers+Wild+Card+Playoffs+Green+B

The Packers uniforms in general frustrate me, but especially the road whites. First of all, if the Browns can cram 5 stripes into their non-sleeves, there's no reason the Packers can't.

Secondly, there shouldn't be "stems" in between the sleeve stripes on the roads. I don't mind it on the homes, because there's not enough contrast between gold and white, but that's exactly why it shouldn't be on the roads... it makes the middle gold stripe look fatter and disproportionate.

Lastly, how unnecessary are the collar stripes? I can tolerate them on the roads, but not on the homes. Aside from the shoulder numbers (which would've happened anyway), the collar stripes are the only changes from the Forrest Gregg era that have stuck. That was arguably the lowest point in the history of the Packers and they should be distancing themselves from it.

THIS is how the Packers roads should look. Yes, I like the grey masks... they look great on teams that still wear the same basic uniforms from the grey mask era.

photo19.jpg

Just do up the home unis the same way and they'll never have to make another change again.

As much as I loathe the Packers their home uniforms are excellent, but I agree with your striping change on the roads, I hate the little gap in between the yellow and green, I'd rather those two colors touch instead of having this wierd muddling white part.

Phillies, Bears, and new NYFC fan.

When the Nets brought out their current uniforms, I was so worried about the possibility of a garish monstrosity that I was pretty happy with their tame set. But, as time as gone on, I have become soured on the uniforms.
It bothers me that the uniforms don't say "Nets" at home; but that's not an aesthetic problem. The biggest aesthetic problem is those skinny numbers. They need to take a cue from the Celtics and use big bold varsity block numbers underneath the thin letters that they use for the wordmark and the player names. This would benefit both the numbers and the letters.
The numbers they use on the practice jerseys and the summer league jerseys would be just fine:
nba_g_brown_kh_400x600.jpg

summer-league_game3_okc_5.jpg?itok=xlDof
0.jpg
DeAndre_Liggins.0_standard_730.0.jpg
The other thing that looks bad about this team is its floor; the use of the secondary B logo instead of the shield "Nets" logo at centre court is very annoying. The shield logo is far superior: it encompasses the B logo inside it, it is continuous with the team's previous logo, and it's just overall better looking.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

THIS is how the Packers roads should look. Yes, I like the grey masks... they look great on teams that still wear the same basic uniforms from the grey mask era.

photo19.jpg

Just do up the home unis the same way and they'll never have to make another change again.

These have similar stripe inconsistencies to the Redskins' current set. Personally, I don't mind, I think both uniforms look good. But I know others on here would definitely complain about it.

73586308.jpg

90758391980.gif

photo19.jpg

These have similar stripe inconsistencies to the Redskins' current set. Personally, I don't mind, I think both uniforms look good. But I know others on here would definitely complain about it.

73586308.jpg

I hardly ever hear people complain about the Browns' inconsistencies, which are pretty much what I'm proposing for the Packers. And even then, the Packers striping inconsistencies still wouldn't be nearly as bad as Washington's.

Archived