Uniforms that frustrate and anger you

ThePeam

The Steelers jerseys, the stripe looks awful on the current Nike template, they need to update to the newest one and get the stripes from the Ohio State jerseys

NzlLaF7.png

If they do that, the swoosh won't be highly visible. Which is the whole point of producing and paying a boatload of money for the contract.

Black swoosh in the middle of the Yellow

That's not very visible from afar.

Neither is a tiny swoosh anywhere on the uniform.

They should blow it up 500% and replace all sleeve stripes and/or logos with giant swooshes. It'll be more visible and the stripes won't distract the viewer from what's most important, the Swoosh.

Sigh.

Tampa+Bay+Buccaneers+v+Denver+Broncos+uZnfl_g_praterts_600x400.jpg

BroncosWeb*304.jpg?v=1

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The anaheim Angels current red cap and red jersey. I hate all that red it looks like a big bloody t@**** especially since the jersey font is also red. Then they think they have to put in silver as an accent color. They looked so much better as the California Angels. If they would just tone down the red a little bit they would look better. Also the Vegas gold instead of yellow for the Penguins.

I agree with you about the Angels. They need to be red and blue.

I disagree. I dig the "red vs blue" deal LA baseball has going on right now.
I'm fine with the Angels being red-heavy, but their cap is absolutely begging for a navy crown.

---------------

The Leafs' Winter Classic look was beautiful. No vintage white, no roundel, no cheesy fauxback aspects...just an exact replica of what they wore in 1932.

Except for the sock stripes. There are supposed to be three "trios" of stripes, not two. This is literally the only detail they got wrong. I cannot comprehend why they would intentionally mess this up, especially when their standard socks feature three "trios".james_van_riemsdyk.jpg.size.xxlarge.lett

Forget the Redskins, this is the epitome of striping inconsistency:Antoine+Pruneau+Ottawa+Redblacks+v+Edmon

I was gonna post their abominations of road uniforms, but these get the edge for having the horrendously unnecessary black outlines on the helmet stripe. FOUR completely different striping patterns all bunched together. And don't even get me started on that collar - who thought that five stripes on a collar was necessary? The helmet stripe should minick the pants, and the collar should be solid green. Leave the sleeves as is.

Bonus points for also being a case of "so close, yet so far":76368-18Fr.jpg

Nothing beats the beauty of old-school CFL uniforms. Especially the Eskimos' classics.

I'm sorry I haven't gone through the thread but floridas Orange alternate jerseys are the most frustrating uniform in the world for me.

I'm sorry I haven't gone through the thread but floridas Orange alternate jerseys are the most frustrating uniform in the world for me.

Nationals and pirates alt jersyes frustrate me, I had the number being lower than the chest logo, looks stupid.

201291411312525305.jpg

Pittsburgh%20Pirates%20Walker%2018%20Bla

Honestly, the Reds uni always frustrated me. Why would you want the player's number on the same level as your logo? Makes no sense and it looks cluttered:

MLB%20Jerseys%20Cincinnati%20Reds%2019%2

Nationals and pirates alt jersyes frustrate me, I had the number being lower than the chest logo, looks stupid.

201291411312525305.jpg

I agree completely. The Reds have it right. The Pirates and Nationals look comical.

The Reds had the number just slightly below the logo until 1968, when they put them on the same level for the first time. Having the number just below looked good, but the Pirates and Nats are WAY too low.

1967:

nl_1967_cincinnati.gif

1968:

nl_1968_cincinnati.gif

201291411312525305.jpg

Honestly, the Reds uni always frustrated me. Why would you want the player's number on the same level as your logo? Makes no sense and it looks cluttered:

Of all the pics for you guys to post...?

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I agree with Welcome Doc. To me, people like the Patriots uniform because of their winning ways. Sometimes a logo is proudly worn and loved due to the team than the actual design. Another example that winning is contagious in so many ways. Growing up in Massachusetts, I loved Pat Patriot but there were so few of us. The games were blacked out, the team wouldn't draw more than 30,000 to the game and the product was consistently one of the worst in the league. Thus, they felt they had to make huge changes which included a new logo. It's funny when I head back to Massachusetts I see the Pat Patriot logo all over the place once again. Even the players love wearing that uniform and gear. I'm just glad that Pat Patriot is relevant. Never should have left in my opinion. Those red jerseys with that logo were sharp.

jeic0a9nlfygshzxtkrfx1ipp.gif

201291411312525305.jpg

Because it looks even. Like the Nationals and pirates it looks like there's a lot of empty space and it just doesn't look well proportioned imo.

I think you need to do both on the chest or no numbers at all.

NHL: Ducks & Sharks. Watching the playoffs for example it's basically 3 black uni teams with LA (who own black for hockey imo)... 2014 playoffs that was 2 rounds in a row of black v white. Lame & uninspiring- esp. as those 3 are basically fighting for Cali hockey bragging rights, to look the same is stupid.

NBA: Wizards; looks like they're all wearing bras. Now you can't unsee it.

NFL: Bucs; holy boats wtf messing with one of the top 10 looks in the league for an XFL refbrand.

MLB: Miami Marlins. Because they still own baseball's teal & should run as fast as they can back to what we all want.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

• 2 weeks later...

There are a few uniforms in the NHL that bug me, mostly for the same reasons. First off the everyday throwbacks of Edmonton and the Islanders. Both teams have monopolized the Blue and Orange colour schemes and both look way past due. Edmonton needs to revive the look that they wore pre-edge with a modern cut. The Islanders would be much better off with a navy and orange colour scheme.

The lookalikes of the league are next. Yes im looking at you tampa, Ottawa, pittsburgh, Carolina and Dallas. Detroit south needs a sweater to match their logos, preferably something closer to their original look than what they wear now. The team Canada wannabes in Carolina dropped one of the best complete identities in the NHL for a set of Jerseys that are a 100% downgrade. The Chicago St Patrick's Day Jerseys got a promotion to full time status with dallas's rebrand. The lack of gold in dallas's current identity is disgusting. The Pittsburgh Penguins and Ottawa Senators are currently the only teams left in the NHL wearing the blotchy mess of the edgeageddon. Ottawa with a nice red alternate could wear the heritage sweaters full time. Pittsburgh could easily promote their current third to full status but i believe that they would be better off without the Pittsburgh gold.

I think the Patriots will go red once Brady retires. Keeping him comfortable in the same uniform, & letting the next era of the team be a refresh.

I could see red unis with a tweaked current logo on white helmet.

Although I prefer the red Patriots look, you can't help but wonder about it given the mascot and who the enemy was for that mascot.

4234fe6bae43d2922667550f1f0fe879-getty-8british-foot.jpg

Although I prefer the red Patriots look, you can't help but wonder about it given the mascot and who the enemy was for that mascot.

4234fe6bae43d2922667550f1f0fe879-getty-8british-foot.jpg

That is why the mascot's coat is blue.

Yes, but the red jersey, really? Little logo on the helmet vs the large jersey, let's be honest, it's Red Coats all the way.

Archived