ThePeam

Uniforms that frustrate and anger you

What's wrong with all of Minnesota's uniforms? The red one is sorta retro, while the white and green are great. But that Florida and Carolina one make me wanna burn them.

Retro-for-retro's-sake uniforms from teams that had fine modern looks.... this is especially bad in hockey:

7u4ZOo3.jpg

vi33Jo0.png

ujbcKaI.jpg

5gL7nfN.jpg

vPeaNJW.jpg

dg6WGGn.jpg

lRnUv9I.jpg

xHC0TmT.jpg

2014_SEA_4.png2014_SEA_5.png

It's not the uniform as much as it is the combos.

This. Entire. Identity.

5-Young-Players-That-Should-Have-Milwauk

Within a year or two of this identity being adopted, Mitchell & Ness began making BiG-era retro gear, and ever since then it's been obvious what the people actually buying tickets (and paying for Miller Park) prefer. You barely even see the Brewers "current" logo in the community anymore because even the organization itself has been using the BiG on promotional items.

At this point, there is no rational explanation for why they haven't either adopted the throwbacks full-time or come up with a new look based on the BiG logo and/or colors like Toronto or Houston.

Over the last couple of years I've noticed that almost 90% of the visiting Brewers fans at Great American Ballpark have been wearing Ball-in-Glove stuff. It's clear what the fans prefer.

Though I don't mind the current uniforms.

These seem to have promise but are only half way there. Maybe using yellow instead of gold. Refine the wordmark and logo to simplify just a bit. Lose the double outlines. Basically clean them up and give a little burst of brightness.

Didn't want to start an all new thread for this, but some idiot created this:

http://allrookie.com/the-16-worst-sports-uniforms-of-all-time/

While some are obvious, he lists the Capitals' Black-and-bronze uni as one of the 16 worst unis of all time.

Also the Croatian national soccer team's checkerboard uniforms- do you not realize it's based on their national shield?

He leaves many deserving uniforms out, and lists some that aren't even close to the worst of all time. Preds mustard yellow, among others. Bad? Yes. Top 16 of all time bad? No.

Also, and I'm sorry to keep chucking this in here, but his articles are linked from si.com! Should you not at least know the basics, like you know, the names of teams?

http://allrookie.com/the-top-nfl-stadiums/5/

Jets.

Geno+Smith+New+England+Patriots+v+New+Yo

Tampa+Bay+Buccaneers+v+New+York+Jets+N1N

New+York+Jets+v+Miami+Dolphins+IJt1EOjK8

I can not stand when they ruin the look of this uniform with black cleats, black gloves, black tape, black arm bands, black knee,elbow braces.

Black is not a Jets color.

Sheldon Richardson is the only player who sometimes gets it right.

New+York+Jets+v+Miami+Dolphins+qKq0zJSWH

Couldn't agree more, especially since historically the jets have been a white cleated team.

Something like this could work but not being a Brewers fan, don't know if it would resonate with the fan base.

brewers.jpg

This. Entire. Identity.

Within a year or two of this identity being adopted, Mitchell & Ness began making BiG-era retro gear, and ever since then it's been obvious what the people actually buying tickets (and paying for Miller Park) prefer. You barely even see the Brewers "current" logo in the community anymore because even the organization itself has been using the BiG on promotional items.

At this point, there is no rational explanation for why they haven't either adopted the throwbacks full-time or come up with a new look based on the BiG logo and/or colors like Toronto or Houston.

The ball and glove is so overrated. Not to mention the fact it has little to do with the teams namesake. Now if they used those colours with the new logos, that'd be something.

I agree that the BiG is not great. It's very 70s/80s. Nevertheless, I cannot stand the current identity. It's overdone. Tries too hard. The thin number font with the drop shawdows. The "M" underlined in wheat, the loopy "B" and the short underline only going to the "w". It's awful. I know there is no momentum for the "germanic" look of the mid/late 1990s, but I'd love them to use that. Since they won't, I guess I'd like to see them pick an identity whether it be BiG, the current, or something new...and, of course, stick with it. While I certainly think the Twins overuse their cream throwback-inspired alt, I think the Brewers have gone too far beyond that in terms of marketing themselves with two completely different identities. So I agree with ilwauk that if they are going to use the BiG on the promotion items, then just go back to it. Right now they seem to be trying to have it both ways.

The problem is being tied to Miller...I don't see that Miller "M" going away anytime soon. I agree the current look is really stale and I've hated the navy and gold from day 1. They should do a redesign that doesn't necessarily have to be retro but at the very least brings back the royal, varsity gold, and maybe even powder blue. Houston and Toronto did a good job modernizing a retro look. I think the Brewers should attempt it as well.

Yeah, I have problem with the uniforms in general (no gimmick was left behind) but if the combos were cleaned up this look goes from bottom five to middle of the pack, IMO.

These are the only two combinations needed...

hawkman_zps0e11c802.png

Yeah, I have problem with the uniforms in general (no gimmick was left behind) but if the combos were cleaned up this look goes from bottom five to middle of the pack, IMO.

These are the only two combinations needed...

hawkman_zps0e11c802.png

Yes. Perfection.

They should probably keep the white pants for the white jersey though. The grey pants look out of place there because there is no grey on the other parts of the uniform.

They should probably keep the white pants for the white jersey though. The grey pants look out of place there because there is no grey on the other parts of the uniform.

Oh no, mono white is awful. They should get rid of that and mono blue right away. The whole point is to tone down monochrome.

Anything that belongs to the Arizona Cardinals. They have way too much unnecessary piping

To me, Seattle has been the only team to successfully pull off the monotone look, both with the current jerseys and the previous set.

This. Entire. Identity.

The ball and glove is so overrated. Not to mention the fact it has little to do with the teams namesake. Now if they used those colours with the new logos, that'd be something.

I agree that the BiG is not great. It's very 70s/80s. Nevertheless, I cannot stand the current identity. It's overdone. Tries too hard. The thin number font with the drop shawdows. The "M" underlined in wheat, the loopy "B" and the short underline only going to the "w". It's awful. I know there is no momentum for the "germanic" look of the mid/late 1990s, but I'd love them to use that. Since they won't, I guess I'd like to see them pick an identity whether it be BiG, the current, or something new...and, of course, stick with it. While I certainly think the Twins overuse their cream throwback-inspired alt, I think the Brewers have gone too far beyond that in terms of marketing themselves with two completely different identities. So I agree with ilwauk that if they are going to use the BiG on the promotion items, then just go back to it. Right now they seem to be trying to have it both ways.

The problem is being tied to Miller...I don't see that Miller "M" going away anytime soon. I agree the current look is really stale and I've hated the navy and gold from day 1. They should do a redesign that doesn't necessarily have to be retro but at the very least brings back the royal, varsity gold, and maybe even powder blue. Houston and Toronto did a good job modernizing a retro look. I think the Brewers should attempt it as well.

I think the current identity is absolutely perfect for a called the Brewers. Yes the old stuff if by far more popular in Wisconsin, but that's partialy because of the fact that it is retro. Those BiG jerseys are cool to wear as a throwback and I love when they do but to switch from a unique identity that capitalizes on the Brewer name to a generic one is silly. And the dark colors are part of what makes the current set work. I'm all for adding a recolored BiG as a sleeve patch or even an alt hat but other than that leave it alone.

Plus, right now the Brewers basically 2 identities to create merchandise from. Which equals more $$$$$$$ and because of that fact alone I don't see them changing for a long time

Any uniform with this sleeve striping pattern, with or without outlines:

dtD4d5J.jpg

It's simply never going to look good on any modern uniform template. Too big, too clunky.

1. That's weird because it looked f****** awesome on Ohio State. 2. These stripes are not that much thicker than the stripes that match the helmets/pants. This is just how stripes are treated these days and at this point there's not much more shrinkage that can happen to football uniforms. We're out of space that can be taken away. All stripes face the same issues regardless if they're the traditional style stripes you crusade against or more modern stripes so the option is stripes look like this or nobody uses stripes at all, and I choose stripes every time. The template does leave something to be desired and the cut off doesn't have to be so dramatic, but I'll take it over what they've been wearing.

3. It's also their classic road look, and I know you don't care about history, but some of us do and it's an important consideration, and this is how Ohio State must dress regardless of the cut of the template. They have great history in these jerseys and the fans love them. I think you're going to be seeing a lot more of these. Sorry.

AJ_Hawk.jpgtrophy_ht.jpggeorge.jpg

>>>>>>>

James_Laurinaitis.jpg

Any uniform with this sleeve striping pattern, with or without outlines:

dtD4d5J.jpg

It's simply never going to look good on any modern uniform template. Too big, too clunky.

1. That's weird because it looked f****** awesome on Ohio State. 2. These stripes are not that much thicker than the stripes that match the helmets/pants. This is just how stripes are treated these days and at this point there's not much more shrinkage that can happen to football uniforms. We're out of space that can be taken away. All stripes face the same issues regardless if they're the traditional style stripes you crusade against or more modern stripes so the option is stripes look like this or nobody uses stripes at all, and I choose stripes every time. The template does leave something to be desired and the cut off doesn't have to be so dramatic, but I'll take it over what they've been wearing.

3. It's also their classic road look, and I know you don't care about history, but some of us do and it's an important consideration, and this is how Ohio State must dress regardless of the cut of the template. They have great history in these jerseys and the fans love them. I think you're going to be seeing a lot more of these. Sorry.

As a potential Ohio State student, I've always liked their current unis. However, after seeing those throwbacks in action on Thursday, I've decided that I like them better. Like you said, we'll likely see these more often, and I'd like to see them made their permanent look by the time I (hopefully) arrive there in the fall.

The new Knicks uniforms really piss me off. The jersey itself looks great, and is lightyears better than the former, but the waistband ruins everything.

Iman+Shumpert+Charlotte+Bobcats+v+New+Yo

iman-shumpert-adidas-top-ten-2000-south-

Just make it the same as the sleeve and shorts trim! It really cheapens the look, and makes it way more clunky.

And the small spots of silver? That's for another day.

Dark baseball jerseys (Ie Pirates black, Marlins Black, Atlanta blue, etc)

Firstly i do admit, i prefer white(cream) v grey every day, but if a team is going to use a coloured jersey, a brighter colour(Orioles Orange, for example) is much better than a dark jersey

The new Knicks uniforms really piss me off. The jersey itself looks great, and is lightyears better than the former, but the waistband ruins everything.

Iman+Shumpert+Charlotte+Bobcats+v+New+Yo

iman-shumpert-adidas-top-ten-2000-south-

Just make it the same as the sleeve and shorts trim! It really cheapens the look, and makes it way more clunky.

And the small spots of silver? That's for another day.

These drive me nuts because the cuff stripes don't go all the way around like the previous set.