Uniforms that frustrate and anger you

ThePeam

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

braves.jpg

I remember them wearing that for a whole series at Nats Park one season. I felt so disappointed. One game out the series is fine. But all three games? Come on.

Every other jersey in their set (except the red one, which they ruined) has red numbers/nob/wordmark, so why does this one need to have navy numbers/wordmark and white nob?

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

2014_SEA_4.png2014_SEA_5.png

It's not the uniform as much as it is the combos.

Lose the grey jersey and pants and simply go with the above. Done. I'd even say stop wearing the white jersey with blue pants but since they won the super bowl with that combo, I guess it has to stay in the mix. Love the all blue or all white though.

What exactly is the difference between a uniform that frustrates you and one that angers you?

(I'm asking for a friend.)

I'd say a uniform that frustrates you is one that can be good but has an element or two that you don't like (hence the frustration)

One that angers you is just a uniform you don't like to the point it makes you mad and ask why would someone do that?

Or something like that.

What's wrong with all of Minnesota's uniforms? The red one is sorta retro, while the white and green are great.

dg6WGGn.jpg

lRnUv9I.jpg

xHC0TmT.jpg

Yes the red one is "sorta" retro and that's the problem. They took a successful fauxback, that served as the perfect alternate, and ruined it by removing the hem stripes and adding a phantom yoke that looks out of place. The most frustrating aspect however, is their insistence on making it the home uniform when the alternate would serve as a much better match.

A better option would be making a green version of the spectacular white and ditching the alternate all together. The phantom yoke doesn't fit, and the novelty of the script has long since worn off.

braves.jpg

I remember them wearing that for a whole series at Nats Park one season. I felt so disappointed. One game out the series is fine. But all three games? Come on.

Every other jersey in their set (except the red one, which they ruined) has red numbers/nob/wordmark, so why does this one need to have navy numbers/wordmark and white nob?

Every other jersey in their set has red nob? How confident are you in that?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1. That's weird because it looked f****** awesome on Ohio State. 2. These stripes are not that much thicker than the stripes that match the helmets/pants. This is just how stripes are treated these days and at this point there's not much more shrinkage that can happen to football uniforms. We're out of space that can be taken away. All stripes face the same issues regardless if they're the traditional style stripes you crusade against or more modern stripes so the option is stripes look like this or nobody uses stripes at all, and I choose stripes every time. The template does leave something to be desired and the cut off doesn't have to be so dramatic, but I'll take it over what they've been wearing.

3. It's also their classic road look, and I know you don't care about history, but some of us do and it's an important consideration, and this is how Ohio State must dress regardless of the cut of the template. They have great history in these jerseys and the fans love them. I think you're going to be seeing a lot more of these. Sorry.

I agree. Ohio State looked *right* in the Sugar Bowl. That's how they should have always looked. The whole "stripe consistency!" thing was dumb anyway. It made the striping on the red jersey look horrible for no reason, but they still didn't make the stripes consistent because they swapped out white for gray on the road jerseys. Not to mention the messed-up pants stripes which didn't get fixed until late last year.

In general, I hate when teams get too cute with having one single striping pattern on all elements. The only times I've seen it look good were the Houston Oilers (RIP) and the classic Patriots uniforms. Every other time it has looked forced and made the uniforms worse. A prime example is the Florida Gators. The last decade or so, they went with the whole striping consistency thing, orange-blue-white-blue-orange, just like the helmet. It looked fine on the blue jerseys, but looked atrocious on the white jerseys and pants. It didn't look like a white stripe, just two floating blue and orange stripes.

So, although the white elements look much worse, the consistency thing could really pay off with the orange jersey, which should have blue and white braiser stripes like the helmet. So, what does Nike do? They throw in orange stripes just for the hell of it! What the hell, Nike?! I got irrationally angry when I saw the orange Florida jerseys (and I realize they wore them at least once previous).

010315-fsf-cfb-florida-gators-defense-PI

OldRomanSig2.jpg

^

Yes. "Frustrate" is the perfect word for me as a Wild fan.

They come out with a great logo (almost good enough to atone for the awful name) and color scheme. Then every time they mess with it they marginalize the logo even more, not to mention make themselves less cohesive. This is in large part because every time they put out a 3rd jersey the fans go ga-ga over it.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The socks stripes on the green socks were wrong. They should have been identical to the white socks considering every striping on the jersey was the same on both jerseys.

In that picture, Gaborik's covering the top red stripe with green tape. The sock stripes were in fact matching:

ows_139899760773375.jpg

EDIT: As a bonus, check out Colorado in that pic. Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

The socks stripes on the green socks were wrong. They should have been identical to the white socks considering every striping on the jersey was the same on both jerseys.

In that picture, Gaborik's covering the top red stripe with green tape. The sock stripes were in fact matching:

The white socks had red-green-tan-green-red. The green socks had red-tan-green-tan-red. It made no sense to change the order of the sock stripes considering the shoulder and hem stripes were identical on both, even at the expense of being jersey-color on the green.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

braves.jpg

Every other jersey in their set has red nob? How confident are you in that?
Very, except for (like I said) the red one.

Edit: I thought you meant numbers for a second, and I admit, the jerseys have navy names. I apologize for my ignorance

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

ows_139899760773375.jpg

EDIT: As a bonus, check out Colorado in that pic. Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

What was ever wrong with that jersey in the first place? Looks spectacular in that picture. IMO the Wild were one of the best dressed teams before they ditched it and made the "iron range red" the primary home uniform. Been a steep, continuous decline ever since...

Archived