Uniforms that frustrate and anger you

ThePeam

The socks stripes on the green socks were wrong. They should have been identical to the white socks considering every striping on the jersey was the same on both jerseys.

In that picture, Gaborik's covering the top red stripe with green tape. The sock stripes were in fact matching:

ows_139899760773375.jpg

EDIT: As a bonus, check out Colorado in that pic. Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

What was ever wrong with that jersey in the first place? Looks spectacular in that picture. IMO the Wild were one of the best dressed teams before they ditched it and made the "iron range red" the primary home uniform. Been a steep, continuous decline ever since...

The decline ended when they unveiled their new road jersey a year ago

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The socks stripes on the green socks were wrong. They should have been identical to the white socks considering every striping on the jersey was the same on both jerseys.

In that picture, Gaborik's covering the top red stripe with green tape. The sock stripes were in fact matching:

ows_139899760773375.jpg

EDIT: As a bonus, check out Colorado in that pic. Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

What was ever wrong with that jersey in the first place? Looks spectacular in that picture. IMO the Wild were one of the best dressed teams before they ditched it and made the "iron range red" the primary home uniform. Been a steep, continuous decline ever since...

Yep, the Wild have never had a bad jersey, but every change they've made since 2007 has been a steady downgrade.

• 1 month later...

The anaheim Angels current red cap and red jersey. I hate all that red it looks like a big bloody t@**** especially since the jersey font is also red. Then they think they have to put in silver as an accent color. They looked so much better as the California Angels. If they would just tone down the red a little bit they would look better. Also the Vegas gold instead of yellow for the Penguins.

I agree with you about the Angels. They need to be red and blue.

I disagree. I dig the "red vs blue" deal LA baseball has going on right now.
The red vs blue thing in LA is awesome I agree but the angels could still use a navy crown with a red bill, slap white numbers on the red jerseys and replace the angels script on the front of the red jersey with the Big "A" logo. The red just needs to be toned down a bit. It would be like the Dodgers wearing blue lettering on top of blue jerseys and blue hats. It would be a giant blue mess.

The white socks had red-green-tan-green-red. The green socks had red-tan-green-tan-red. It made no sense to change the order of the sock stripes considering the shoulder and hem stripes were identical on both, even at the expense of being jersey-color on the green.

Yeah that random inconsistency bothered me as well. Another thing I didn't like - red numbers on the white jerseys. I would've inversed that and made them green with gold and red outlines

PvO6ZWJ.png

The white socks had red-green-tan-green-red. The green socks had red-tan-green-tan-red. It made no sense to change the order of the sock stripes considering the shoulder and hem stripes were identical on both, even at the expense of being jersey-color on the green.

Yeah that random inconsistency bothered me as well. Another thing I didn't like - red numbers on the white jerseys. I would've inversed that and made them green with gold and red outlines
I think the white socks are wrong. The green socks match with the shoulders. Green inside, outlined in gold and red on the outside. The gold and green should be flipped on the whites.

The Wild uniforms aren't too bad but I agree the old ones are better.

The Brooklyn Nets and Tampa Bay Lightning frustrate me the most. I feel the Nets are too close to the Spurs even though they lack silver. Tampa Bay only bothers me because of the colors being virtually the same as the Leafs minus the tiny bit of black they added in. I'm fine with them having a Red Wing template though.

The Jaguars helmets are somehow growing on me, though I prefer the Blackish/Teal ones from the last set.

I think the white socks are wrong. The green socks match with the shoulders. Green inside, outlined in gold and red on the outside. The gold and green should be flipped on the whites.

well they should've matched the two one way or the other. Their proportions are off too. I would've preferred they more closely resemble the weight and separation of the arm stripes. Like the Blue Jackets did with their socks on their first third jersey https://russkiyhockey.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/fedorovb.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

I am not a Padres fan but would love if they returned to brown and yellow. I realize though that Padres management would never do it so if they want to stick to navy maybe they should consider keeping the same uniform template but just add maize to it? Nobody in MLB sports maize and blue. It would be somewhat unique and less bland. The yellow could represent the SoCal sun. Heck maybe the could even add powder blue as an accent color under the current PADRES script? Or they could just go back to a modernized version of the 1998 World Series unis blue and orange. BTW the current Padre uni is another one that bothers me.

I am not a Padres fan but would love if they returned to brown and yellow. I realize though that Padres management would never do it so if they want to stick to navy maybe they should consider keeping the same uniform template but just add maize to it? Nobody in MLB sports maize and blue. It would be somewhat unique and less bland. The yellow could represent the SoCal sun. Heck maybe the could even add powder blue as an accent color under the current PADRES script? Or they could just go back to a modernized version of the 1998 World Series unis blue and orange. BTW the current Padre uni is another one that bothers me.

White I agree with you in essence, I feel making connections to the Sun would confuse them with Tampa. Then again, different leagues so it doesn't matter.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

This. Entire. Identity.

5-Young-Players-That-Should-Have-Milwauk

Within a year or two of this identity being adopted, Mitchell & Ness began making BiG-era retro gear, and ever since then it's been obvious what the people actually buying tickets (and paying for Miller Park) prefer. You barely even see the Brewers "current" logo in the community anymore because even the organization itself has been using the BiG on promotional items.

At this point, there is no rational explanation for why they haven't either adopted the throwbacks full-time or come up with a new look based on the BiG logo and/or colors like Toronto or Houston.

Over the last couple of years I've noticed that almost 90% of the visiting Brewers fans at Great American Ballpark have been wearing Ball-in-Glove stuff. It's clear what the fans prefer.

Though I don't mind the current uniforms.

These seem to have promise but are only half way there. Maybe using yellow instead of gold. Refine the wordmark and logo to simplify just a bit. Lose the double outlines. Basically clean them up and give a little burst of brightness.

Actually, I'm cool with my Brew Crew's current identity...what I'm NOT cool with is that they STILL don't wear the "Milwaukee" wordmark on the road greys.

At least they usually wear blue on the road (with jerseys that "DO say "Milwaukee" on them).

bYhYmxh.png

does anyone have an opinion/ facts why teams started going with darker colors ? Like Eagles leaving Kelly green, Brewers leaving royal/ yellow for navy/ athletic gold, etc? I realize the obvious is to sell more merchandise, but I have a rudimentary guess that those darker colors look better with khaki pants/ shorts and the older fans with money will buy polos/ jackets/ sweatshirts. Or maybe I've sniffed too much glue today...

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

I've seen a few articles on that toughness angle. I've posted lots on these teams/ schools that wear black for big games (b/c they are taking this game MUCH more seriously than when they wear their normal colors) I was just curious if anyone else had a thought.

I always thought that darker meant tougher somehow. Like the Raiders wearing black made them tougher.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

well they should've matched the two one way or the other. Their proportions are off too. I would've preferred they more closely resemble the weight and separation of the arm stripes. Like the Blue Jackets did with their socks on their first third jersey fedorovb.jpg

While I agree that matching sock and jersey stripes can look good, I'd limit it to patterns only. Matching the proportions, like in that CBJ example, is just unnecessary. The stripes are way too thin for the socks in that image.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I'm going to go hometown with this one:

nba-1-18-art-gi9qlobq-1jazz-pistons-bask

The current identity just drives me crazy. I never did like the use of navy as a primary color to begin with (I still consider purple to be the "correct" color for the Jazz), but beyond that, the green that is paired with the navy is too dark. There's very little contrast, and from a distance it just looks like another navy stripe or accent. And when the green does get lost (which in certain lighting happens often, at least to me), it looks too much like something the Pacers would be better off wearing. I don't mind the neo-retro direction that the brand has taken, as I always liked the throwback logos. I just would prefer purple and/or a more kelly-ish green accent. If the purple battle can't be won though, the Jazz could really help their identity by scrapping the navy jersey altogether and making the green alternate the primary road uniform. It wouldn't solve the too-dark-green problem, but at least you'd be able to see green at all when it's the primary jersey color.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

• 1 month later...

Well there are a lot of uniforms throughout the professional sports-world that could be so much better and make me angry every time I see them. So here are some of my opinions, and I'd love to hear from others.

So to get this started... the NFL:

1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Why, why on earth did they change there look. This really makes me angry.

2. Jacksonville Jaguars - We all know why. Pretty self explanatory.

3. Cincinnati Bengals - Just a train-wreck.

4. St. Louis Rams - Stick to the Classics!

5. Tennessee Titans - These don't really make me mad per say, but I think they could look a whole lot better. They're a little to complicated right now

6. Arizona Cardinals - Way to complicated, they need a simpler look as well.

7. Baltimore Ravens - Burn those black pants!

8. Philadelphia Eagles - Unpopular opinion here, but I think the Eagles current green looks cheap, and I think the kelly green looks girly. Honestly I think it would be interesting to see them with a Michigan State-esk green.

9.Cleveland Browns - I'm already predicting Nike will mess them up.

The truth has been spoken, except the 5th and 7th agree with everyone, especially! number 1

Archived