Uniforms that frustrate and anger you

ThePeam

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everything and everyone associated with the Utah Jazz's current identity.

I don't know what you mean by "everyone", but I won't take personal offense. :)

I think their current unis are the best in team history, but their primary logo feels strained (SECOND recolorization!).

The gray is uneccessary and unused (other than for a sliver of trim around their logos), so it's mere presence bothers me.

ujsignature.png

Besides the recycling of a crappy '70s wordmark (it was crappy in 1974 too), there are so many mistakes in the script; makes me wonder if the NBA even has a QA dept. at all:

UtahJazz_UNS01Markup_2011_SCC_SRGB.png

All of those mistakes seem to be present on the uniforms themselves as well...

Crappy, '70s wordmark, horrific color choices (Navy, Dark Green and Dark Gold???).

The Stars were part of the first expansion, they have every right to look traditional. And both of the Lightning's first two uniform sets were awful.

I dont think it should matter when a team is created. If a team is created in 2015 should they not be allowed to have a traditional look just because theyre new? Thats stupid.

Not that you said it was stupid or anything I just wanted to say that

The Stars were part of the first expansion, they have every right to look traditional. And both of the Lightning's first two uniform sets were awful.

I dont think it should matter when a team is created. If a team is created in 2015 should they not be allowed to have a traditional look just because theyre new? Thats stupid.

Not that you said it was stupid or anything I just wanted to say that

I agree with this. No one's opinion is right or wrong on this matter but I feel that you don't have to be one of the original teams to have a traditional look. Dallas looks great even if the North Stars/Stars franchise started in 2000.

The Bills are so close to having the perfect look but mess it up in a few small ways:

1. The navy blue is completely unnecessary.

2. That helmet stripe doesn't work.

3. Having only blue-topped socks.

4. The lack of striping consistency from the helmet to the jersey to the pants to the socks.

Granted, it's still better than what it replaced, but this set needs a bunch of tweaks.

Besides the recycling of a crappy '70s wordmark (it was crappy in 1974 too), there are so many mistakes in the script; makes me wonder if the NBA even has a QA dept. at all:

Crappy, '70s wordmark, horrific color choices (Navy, Dark Green and Dark Gold???).

Without a magnifying glass those arent noticable

Can't argue with any of your points about the jacked-up logo, but I almost like the colors... so close. Switch the dark green to a brighter Kelly green and that would be one of my favorite color schemes.

I didn't think there were any uniforms that made me feel actual anger, but something in me finally broke when reading today's summary of the World Cup Group C uniforms. I realize that, as a designer, Adidas should be able to design things so that they appear to have been designed by Adidas, but it's absolutely ridiculous to force their three stripes on the shoulders of every jersey. Especially when your logo is right there on the chest of each jersey, opposite the country's crest; there's no excuse. I'm not strictly opposed to templated designs, but the shoulder stripes on all those jerseys pushed me past whatever limit I have.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Our logoman did a tweak of this logo in the request board:

utah_jazz_corrected_wordmark.png

I'll admit, if the green was more of a kelly shade or if the green was shifted to primary (with light blue replacing navy in the accents), it'd be better. Still not as amazing as a whole-hearted update, but still better.

I understand the Braves have navy blue hats, but do you seriously need navy blue jerseys? These are hideous.

The maroon tomahawk looks awful with the all navy blue jersey.

img22231283.jpg

Any particular reason why you understand the need for an all navy cap? I guess there must be one to justify ditching one of the best cap in baseball 50% of the time...

I understand the Braves have navy blue hats, but do you seriously need navy blue jerseys? These are hideous.

The maroon tomahawk looks awful with the all navy blue jersey.

img22231283.jpg

The tomahawk on the jersey is navy, not maroon.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I didn't think there were any uniforms that made me feel actual anger, but something in my finally broke when reading today's summary of the World Cup Group C uniforms. I realize that, as a designer, Adidas should be able to design things so that they appear to have been designed by Adidas, but it's absolutely ridiculous to force their three stripes on the shoulders of every jersey. Especially when your logo is right there on the chest of each jersey, opposite the country's crest, there's no excuse. I'm not strictly opposed to templated designs, but the shoulder stripes on all those jerseys pushed me past whatever limit I have.

DRIVES ME CRAZY. And people just kind of accept it. It'd be like if Nike put a giant swoosh down the pants leg of every NFL player (you could argue they sort of did with the Broncos) and everyone just shrugged and said "well that's the way they've always done it". We talk about logo creep, but addidas' soccer uniforms are the biggest offender of it.

I drew Japan in the world cup concept competition on the concepts board and I'm struggling with the idea of designing something where I feel like I should put those addidas stripes on their kits or leave them off and not be accurate to something they might actually wear. It's really hindering my creativity.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived