Uniforms that frustrate and anger you

ThePeam

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The entire Philadelphia Eagles set looks outdated IMO... They should be the next team to get the Nike treatment.

So we can see a complete copy of the Oregon Ducks uniforms? No thanks.
I'm not saying they go the Oregon Ducks route... I'm saying they need to escape the early to mid 2000s look...

there-are-three-uniforms-including-home-

I hate the new Rutgers sets so much. The old jerseys were classic. These are so ugly, not to mention impossible to read in the stadium!

They already look outdated too.

Yeah, the chrome helmets and numbers (I think) were a terrible choice. Rutgers is just another team that's going to have to update their uniforms in a few years.

I hate the new Rutgers sets so much. The old jerseys were classic. These are so ugly, not to mention impossible to read in the stadium!

For some strange reason, I really like the orange version.

Orange? You may be color blind because that's red.

For some strange reason, I really like the orange version.

Orange? You may be color blind because that's red.

Wow your right... Strange I saw it as orange cause I'm definitely not colour blind. It is a bright red with an orangish tint though.

Any baseball jersey without numbers on the front. If you don't have front numbers, you shouldn't be allowed to use an overshift. It's a pain in the neck trying to figure out who's who.

Any baseball jersey without numbers on the front. If you don't have front numbers, you shouldn't be allowed to use an overshift. It's a pain in the neck trying to figure out who's who.

I guess you like front numbers on hockey sweaters too. Baseball doesn't need front numbers because there is nothing in front of their faces to make it so you cant tell who it is. Also they are hardly ever moving fast enough that you cant tell either.

Sorry for my earlier rant. Maybe I chose the wrong words to describe my feelings. I'm just getting tired of the whole mob mindset that certain teams uniforms should only be a certain way and no changes or even variations should even be considered for them, for no reason other than "tradition." I'm not saying give every team a rebrand, or anything. I just think we're being a little extreme in our thinking. Does that make any more sense?

CFL uniforms for the most part have gone downhill over the past number years. My biggest pet peeve are teams being allowed to wear a secondary helmet on the road. The Stampeders' black helmets make them look like a team from Ottawa.

The other thing that irritates me is that some of the helmets around the league, like those of the Lions, Argonauts, and Tiger-Cats lack a center stripe. The Lions' white helmets make them look like a high-school team.

CFL uniforms were so much nicer and more professional-looking back in the 70s and 80s.

I guess you like front numbers on hockey sweaters too. Baseball doesn't need front numbers because there is nothing in front of their faces to make it so you cant tell who it is. Also they are hardly ever moving fast enough that you cant tell either.

Nope. Front numbers on hockey jerseys aren't readable from the stands (at least from my vantage point) so they are pretty useless. But front numbers on baseball jerseys are clear, while players' faces aren't. So announcers, official scorers, stat guys, scouts and any fans who want to know who's playing where have to hope one of the infielders turns around just to see who they are.

Archived