Uniforms that frustrate and anger you

ThePeam

CFL uniforms for the most part have gone downhill over the past number years. My biggest pet peeve are teams being allowed to wear a secondary helmet on the road. The Stampeders' black helmets make them look like a team from Ottawa.

The other thing that irritates me is that some of the helmets around the league, like those of the Lions, Argonauts, and Tiger-Cats lack a center stripe. The Lions' white helmets make them look like a high-school team.

CFL uniforms were so much nicer and more professional-looking back in the 70s and 80s.

I'll take the current Ti-Cats uniforms and logo set over any past logo or uniform they've ever worn, thankyouverymuch.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any baseball jersey without numbers on the front. If you don't have front numbers, you shouldn't be allowed to use an overshift. It's a pain in the neck trying to figure out who's who.

I guess you like front numbers on hockey sweaters too. Baseball doesn't need front numbers because there is nothing in front of their faces to make it so you cant tell who it is. Also they are hardly ever moving fast enough that you cant tell either.

Nope. Front numbers on hockey jerseys aren't readable from the stands (at least from my vantage point) so they are pretty useless. But front numbers on baseball jerseys are clear, while players' faces aren't. So announcers, official scorers, stat guys, scouts and any fans who want to know who's playing where have to hope one of the infielders turns around just to see who they are.

Which they usually do along with drawing in the dirt or adjusting their :censored: during the 30 seconds between pitches. And the guys in the over shift are the same three bodies (in different positions) that've been in the whole game, as opposed to hockey line shifts.

I admit that late game position changes or double switches can sometimes be confusing, but it's incumbent on the spectators to pay attention to who is coming out from the dugouts.

This. Entire. Identity.

5-Young-Players-That-Should-Have-Milwauk

Within a year or two of this identity being adopted, Mitchell & Ness began making BiG-era retro gear, and ever since then it's been obvious what the people actually buying tickets (and paying for Miller Park) prefer. You barely even see the Brewers "current" logo in the community anymore because even the organization itself has been using the BiG on promotional items.

At this point, there is no rational explanation for why they haven't either adopted the throwbacks full-time or come up with a new look based on the BiG logo and/or colors like Toronto or Houston.

This. Entire. Identity.

Within a year or two of this identity being adopted, Mitchell & Ness began making BiG-era retro gear, and ever since then it's been obvious what the people actually buying tickets (and paying for Miller Park) prefer. You barely even see the Brewers "current" logo in the community anymore because even the organization itself has been using the BiG on promotional items.

At this point, there is no rational explanation for why they haven't either adopted the throwbacks full-time or come up with a new look based on the BiG logo and/or colors like Toronto or Houston.

Over the last couple of years I've noticed that almost 90% of the visiting Brewers fans at Great American Ballpark have been wearing Ball-in-Glove stuff. It's clear what the fans prefer.

Though I don't mind the current uniforms.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The answer is simple. The year Adidas decided to change up the design of the NBA uniforms beginning in 2010-11. Before that the jerseys were nice looking and in top notch form whether it was from Nike, Reebok, or pre 2010 Adidas. But when they went to this "Revolution 30" junk, this quality is worse than ever. I watch the Spurs win the NBA title, and I was thinking to myself they looked really great when they won the championships in 2003, 05, and even in 07, but when they (and all the other NBA teams) switch to Rev 30, it was at times painful to look at. I really hope when the contract expires in three years, that commissioner Silver will do the right thing and end all ties with Adidas. I would be more than happy if they switch back to Nike. At least they do a halfway decent job in making sports uniforms. Adidas' Rev 30 all but ruined the classic look of an NBA uniform.

I hope the Hurricanes never win another game as the Red Leafs. They had the last of the patterned striping, the most underrated trend in all of pro sports. Vancouver Grizzlies, Diamondbacks, Coyotes, all georgeous. Carolina threw their identity away for a few quick bucks.

Phillies, Bears, and new NYFC fan.

The answer is simple. The year Adidas decided to change up the design of the NBA uniforms beginning in 2010-11. Before that the jerseys were nice looking and in top notch form whether it was from Nike, Reebok, or pre 2010 Adidas. But when they went to this "Revolution 30" junk, this quality is worse than ever. I watch the Spurs win the NBA title, and I was thinking to myself they looked really great when they won the championships in 2003, 05, and even in 07, but when they (and all the other NBA teams) switch to Rev 30, it was at times painful to look at. I really hope when the contract expires in three years, that commissioner Silver will do the right thing and end all ties with Adidas. I would be more than happy if they switch back to Nike. At least they do a halfway decent job in making sports uniforms. Adidas' Rev 30 all but ruined the classic look of an NBA uniform.

This. So many things about Rev30 bother the crap out of me, from the loss of unique features like Memphis' inlined numbers and Atlanta's beveled numbers, to the Rockets being forced to rip off Indiana's number font for some reason instead of getting to keep their own like everybody else, to the extremely limited selection of collar designs that teams were forced to pick from. Of course, this is the same company responsible for the ugly TechFit template in college football, the Reebok Edge disasters in hockey, the overuse of the Tequila Sunrise and "Winning Ugly" White Sox throwback templates in college baseball, the sleeved jerseys in the NBA and college basketball, and the cookie-cutter piping-and-panels NFL uniforms of the early-mid 2000's, so it's not like they had any taste to begin with. If you think about it, Adidas/Reebok should be getting way more :censored: on here than Nike since their horrible ideas have been ruining the aesthetics of nearly every sport.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

This. Entire. Identity.

The ball and glove is so overrated. Not to mention the fact it has little to do with the teams namesake. Now if they used those colours with the new logos, that'd be something.

The ball and glove is so overrated. Not to mention the fact it has little to do with the teams namesake. Now if they used those colours with the new logos, that'd be something.

How many team's cap logos actually have something to do with the teams' namesake? One of the biggest points of having a logo is to have something that connects with the community, and the BiG has done that far and away more than any other logo ever used by a Milwaukee baseball team.

Uniforms typically do not make me angry. Placing a period after every word does.

Get some speech therapy.

This. Entire. Identity.

I agree that the BiG is not great. It's very 70s/80s. Nevertheless, I cannot stand the current identity. It's overdone. Tries too hard. The thin number font with the drop shawdows. The "M" underlined in wheat, the loopy "B" and the short underline only going to the "w". It's awful. I know there is no momentum for the "germanic" look of the mid/late 1990s, but I'd love them to use that. Since they won't, I guess I'd like to see them pick an identity whether it be BiG, the current, or something new...and, of course, stick with it. While I certainly think the Twins overuse their cream throwback-inspired alt, I think the Brewers have gone too far beyond that in terms of marketing themselves with two completely different identities. So I agree with ilwauk that if they are going to use the BiG on the promotion items, then just go back to it. Right now they seem to be trying to have it both ways.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• 3 months later...

There are bad uniforms, and then there are ones that just annoy me whenever I see the. Usually it's because the team has a previous identity that's so much better, are too trend following, or have one or two terrible flaws that prevent it from being great. Sometimes though it's just a uniform that's so bad you wonder how it ever got approved.

Unis that fall into this category to me are the Buccaneers current duds, the Canes soulless drecks, the hedious templated Avalanche home and road, and the Padres...nothingness. Also ever camo uniform as they're all extremely ugly and a cheap cash grab.

How about you? Sorry for no pics im in phone

Phillies, Bears, and new NYFC fan.

The Patriots uniforms. I don't get why anyone on earth would like it other than the fact that they won superbowls wearing them. Team success while wearing a certain uniform does not make them better than other one that they had less success in. In other words, the red jerseys with the white helmet were much better.

The Patriots' uniform. I have no idea why people actually like that crap.

The mismatched side-paneling and pants striping:

dnRd0xA.jpg

The awkward shoulder stripes:

BGvQXLY.png

The number font that Adidas, in true lazy fashion, ripped off from one of their college teams:

1YbZFnR.jpg

The fact that they already had the perfect uniform in 1993 and should have never changed it:

uZPsjKb.jpg

It's seriously the most annoying uniform in the NFL.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

It's an umbrella-type frustration more than anything else, but what frustrates me the most is when a given team's ownership insists on/picks a specific design, color (scheme), etc. despite fans clamoring for something else. The top offenders share the same city (Padres/Chargers), but that list also includes the Philadelphia Eagles (Mrs. Laurie hating kelly green), Pittsburgh Penguins (gold over yellow), Carolina Hurricanes, Anaheim Ducks, and apparently the Milwaukee Brewers (though the Royal/Yellow throwbacks are an alternate). I'm sure there are others as well.

To be fair, it's not always a bad thing IMO. I would argue that the Carolina Panthers (updating the logo and nothing else) and Dallas Stars (no gold) could fit this bill, as the Panthers need more of a refreshing (and maybe dropping the silver) than anything while the Stars have built a strong, clean, instantly recognizable look.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Archived