NHL Concept - Seattle Stealth

Sean F&F

I would suggest replacing the F-117A with a Boeing or Boeing related aircraft. Boeing was a significant partner on the F-22 and contributed to the design of the B-2 as well.

I thought about those, but I liked the use of the F117 since it was a fighter (even if its not an air to air fighter) as opposed to just a bomber like the B-2. Another reason was I think the F-22, as steathly as it can be, still looks like a normal jet alone the lines of F15s and F16s where as the F117 has a very distinct shape that makes it easy to recognize.

Another reason is the nickname, the Nighthawk. I haven't made a secondary logo for the shoulders and couldn't think of one but I thought about making a hawk. It's kind of a nod to the Seahawks and still makes sense in the scheme of things.

Besides alliteration, why "Stealth" for Seattle, and why the F-117? There's no connection between the Nighthawk and Seattle at all. If you want to use the Stealth moniker, I would instead use submarine imagery to connect it to the city and go with the nautical theme of other Seattle sports franchises.

Besides alliteration, why "Stealth" for Seattle, and why the F-117? There's no connection between the Nighthawk and Seattle at all. If you want to use the Stealth moniker, I would instead use submarine imagery to connect it to the city and go with the nautical theme of other Seattle sports franchises.

I chose the F117 since I think its one of the first things people think of when they think of stealth, especially stealth aircraft. It may not have a direct connection to Seattle, but it fits with the aviation history of the city.

I created a secondary logo that I would use as shoulder patches.

stealth-nighthawk-logo.png

But Lockheed is headquartered in Burbank, and the F-117 is already a retired plane. Aesthetically I think you have good designs, but it feels like you're trying to shoe-horn in a plane you like into the concept rather than building a hockey identity that is distinctively Seattle. Certainly your choice, I guess, but it creates a lot of dissonance between the logo and what it's (ostensibly) representing.

color scheme is awful for this concept

what exactly is so awful about it? its a very bright green and colors that bright aren't seen in the NHL but why is it awful? Its a change up of the usual and i like it

The green is gaudy and unattractive. And this is coming from someone who loves green. That particular neon shade is always going to look tacky regardless of how it is applied

what exactly is so awful about it? its a very bright green and colors that bright aren't seen in the NHL but why is it awful? Its a change up of the usual and i like it

The green is gaudy and unattractive. And this is coming from someone who loves green. That particular neon shade is always going to look tacky regardless of how it is applied

I've personally liked this color combo in part thanks to the Kawasaki Ninja

2011-kawasaki-ninja-zx-6r-black-green-si

I've personally liked this color combo in part thanks to the Kawasaki Ninja

2011-kawasaki-ninja-zx-6r-black-green-si

it was these sounders jersey that got me hooked on the green and black

1969165_10152000394948589_962297982_n.jp

Archived