Encounters with sports personalities

johnnysama

My dad's cousin is former NBA player Eric Piatkowski. It's been 20+ years since I've seen him though.

I went to high school with Buccaneers DE T.J. Fatinikun. I sat next to him in Spanish class, and we worked on a few projects together. Pretty cool dude. FUN FACT: His Spanish class name was Orlando.

spacer.png

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Working in radio and TV covering sports for 20+ years, I've met quite a few "sports personalities."

Off the top of my head... Jim Brown, Earnest Byner, Jim Thome, Hanford Dixon, Tim Couch, Jamir Miller, Donovan McNabb, Kevin Johnson, Jim Boeheim, Mo Vaughn, Derek Jeter, Andy Petitte, Bill Buckner, Andre Dawson, Roberto Duran, C.C. Sabathia, Shawn Green, Lebron James, Clay Matthews, Ickey Woods, and a bunch of others that you've probably never heard of or I can't remember.

But the best time was when I met Professional Bowler, Pete Weber at a dive of a bar in Toledo. He showed up wasted, asked me if I knew where he could score any coke (I had no idea), and was just an obnoxious drunk all night long. I beat him three straight times in pool. The only reason I knew him was because the other bar patrons kept saying "do you know who that is? That's Pete Weber." To which I replied "who is Pete Weber?"

BB52Big.jpg

Archived