MrWonka - AHL 3rd Jerseys (2/30)

MrWonka

I know, I know, this is a weird series kind of. I never did a primary set for any of these teams but I always loved working with just one jersey. Maybe I'd spark a few from here but I just want to work on 3rds. A lot will be white (light) jerseys since AHL homes are white but I will have a good chunk be dark too. I'll mix things up. Ranging from traditional and modern I hope to please everyone with this series. First up, my AHL team the Rochester Americans.

Heavily based off the Frozen Frontier game they had last year. A Fauxback that brings something new to the team. And before someone chimes in about the off-white all I got to say is....ok.

ea47ef671662db7dd9ddcafece60e167.png

Classy design. For some reason the aspect I like most are the stars above the back numbers.

I agree, although the stars on the back are on the spot where the NOB normally goes.

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

Classy design. For some reason the aspect I like most are the stars above the back numbers.

I agree, although the stars on the back are on the spot where the NOB normally goes.

If the rules still apply to regular games then they wouldn't need it. I'm not sure what the rule is though because their Frozen Frontier jerseys didn't have Names and Vancouver I believe played at least one game during their 40th without names.

Thanks for the comments everyone. Have some changes to Rochester and a new team.

Rochester Update:

Removed chest stripes

Lowered logo

Centered back numbers

w2hetf.jpg

Lehigh Valley Phantoms

This one is probably going to be the most crazy jersey in this series. This one, will be a hit or a miss. Mostly I'm expecting a miss by most people on the boards but I gave it a shot and tried something different. I think it fits the logo and the brand they are going with. Which in my eyes is not being traditional but going very modern.

v5j0c4.jpg

Although I usually hate super modern, I enjoy it with this team because it is for a minor league team.

I figure it's minor league, and when you have gradient in your logo you should have a jersey that breaks most of the barriers.

As much as I dislike it on my teams jersey, I'm glad the Sabres did something different. The Lightnings new 3rd did the exact opposite. I think the double sided jersey can work for some teams in the future and I'm glad the Sabres gave it a shot, even though it failed for them.

The Americans' sweater looks fantastic...much cleaner with the changes you made.

The Phantoms' offer is a very nice AHL third jersey.

The swept-back, white slashes really carry the feel of the logo into the sweater design itself... Well done.

Would the sweater feel a little more "Phantom-y" if you swapped the purple and red?

The Americans' sweater looks fantastic...much cleaner with the changes you made.

The Phantoms' offer is a very nice AHL third jersey.

The swept-back, white slashes really carry the feel of the logo into the sweater design itself... Well done.

Would the sweater feel a little more "Phantom-y" if you swapped the purple and red?

I'll give it a try and upload it when I can. The colors are actually orange and it's a cool blue that has a dash of magenta in it. I tried to get the teams official colors but Colorwerx hasn't added Lehigh Valleys colors yet. The Adirondack phantoms had purple though. I wonder if that would change anything. But I'll change it to purple regardless.

I'm a sucker for cream uniforms, I love what you did with Rochester. Lehigh Valley's are unique which I like, but for some reason the Blueing-Purple striping is kinda throwing me off a bit. But overall its a Alternate jersey so it's suppose to catch your attention so its nice.

Tj4ZkPU.png

1zwchs3.jpg_zpshph8rzul.png

27xqdyc.jpg_zps7iobnqxz.png

I'm a sucker for cream uniforms, I love what you did with Rochester. Lehigh Valley's are unique which I like, but for some reason the Blueing-Purple striping is kinda throwing me off a bit. But overall its a Alternate jersey so it's suppose to catch your attention so its nice.

Can't have the Phantoms without some purple :)

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

Archived