NASL Canada (Winnipeg added)

nas1787

great job here. only complaint is that the spears ook like clip art in the secondary. I would make those be one color to make it more simple to clash with the rest of the look.

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks steve. The Edmonton primary shirt is using one of adidas more prevalent templates from last year. I agree it's not the most pleasant thing in the world, but I tried to make it work, much like Portland Timbers did.

PORT_HOME(FORMATTED).jpg

oh, I was not aware of this! Edmonton jersey does look better now that I've seen this

CgWPTYS.jpgaPH2PVF.jpg

Hamilton Stags FC

If you look at the City of Hamilton's coat of arms, the shield supporters are a tiger on the right, and a stag on the left. I liked the idea of having these two animals represent the city's two professional clubs. I can see some really great merchandise playing off the arms.

The primary logo is a bit out of the box for a soccer club, and may end up a bit hard to see from any sort of distance, but I think it's a good look for a modern club. I wish I could take credit for the idea behind the chainlink-creating-an-H secondary logo, but I blatantly ripped that idea from a logo I found online. It was just too perfect not to use for a team from Hamilton. I rendered it in a similar way to the primary logo.

The primary kit is all black, with some sublimated chains (a la the city flag). The striped socks are nod to the Ticats. The clash kit is white-on-yellow-on-white, with a large chest stripe on the shirt, and makes use of a nice UA template.

5PW8fPg.png

z9p7Chf.png

...Some really nice logos here.

I'm a sucker for well-done inter-twined letter logos, and the Fury design is a well-done inter-twined letter logo. Really clever!

I like the chiselled stag. You mentioned that it might not come across as a stag-head at distance.

I think you could solve that problem by making the ears a little smaller, thus leaving a little more air between the antlers and the ears.

Also, maybe remove the neck portion so you can make out the jaw-line.

Then, at a distance, you would see a stag head "silhouette", and on moving closer..."Oh wow, there's some nice bevelling here."

The chain-link, negative space "H" is great!

wow. great job. My only idea is to find a way the deer in the crest could look a little more rounded out and less like a stained glass sculpture. I love the way they are set apart from the rest of what has been done so far.

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

Wow, Hamilton is unreal! I love the crest. The rugged, beveled look is really sharp, and the feel of the crest as a whole is really unique. I think it reads fine as a stag from a distance/at a small size. The yellow on white is a little tough to see because of lack of contrast, but it looks great on the black shirt. The chain link + H logo is really cool as well.

The kits look great too. I really like the sublimated chain links on the home, and the nod to the Ti-Cats with the socks is a great touch. The striping patterns on the clash look really good as well.

I love the Hamilton concept. Thumbs up for thinking out side the box with the crest; it looks beautiful. I really dig the wordmark logo too.
And I like where you came up with the name for the team.

Personally, I think it would looker better if the sublimated chain links on the home kit were a bit more subtle (less contrast with the shirt's color). Like others have said, the socks are a nice touch.

I thought about using the Highlanders in the league, but wasn't sure how realistic it would be for the club to make the jump. Plus, I've updated the Highlanders before in my Canadian Soccer Pyramid series, and wanted to try out something new. Ideally, it would be great to see them jump into the new league though, as they already have a built in fan base.

We do have one of the best supporter bases in the PDL Northwest Division, would love to see the jump one day but it might be a few more years yet. We don't have the financial backing yet that would allow us to make the jump to USL PRO or even NASL. The current owner is great, pours his heart and soul into the club (as well as his pocketbook). He is actually one of us supporters...

It's still great to see your concept series nas. I am a fan of the Ottawa crest, very simple but elegant at the same time. That Hamilton crest is WOW! Love the chiseled looking stag...would look great on a kit, even a Timmies sponsored club :P

This whole series is top notch mate. Keep up the great work, don't stop this great creativity.

Hey all, thanks for the comments. Been a little busy, but here's a quick update to Hamilton's crest based on some great feedback from Sparky. I removed the neck and created some more space between the ears and antlers. I think it's a big help.

TCItDHk.png

Victoria Lions SC

Next up is Victoria. This is the only club that has the same nickname as their respective CFL team. My reasoning was that the team is based in a different city, so the club name won't be exactly the same, plus I liked the idea of bringing together the BC Lions' mountain lion, with the British lion to tie to Victoria's very strong English heritage. One of each animal props up the shield, which features a chevron similar to that seen on the city's crest. The crown is another nod to Victoria's heritage. The secondary is a stylized dogwood flower, the official flower of BC.

The tri-colour home kit features the chevron from the kit, while the clash is pretty simple. The idea was to go for something regal throughout.

7sDcTBk.png

37wPx3F.png

I really like the Victoria crest. The overall composition is just really good, and using the two different lions is a cool idea. The symbolism is really well done as well. The kits are solid, though I don't like the stroke on the numbers. The typeface is too thin to support a stroke IMO.

again, beautiful design nas :)

I like:

- color choices

- primary*, secondary and wordmark logos

Things that I feel you could improve are:

- personally I don't like female lion (maybe it's the hair or different style head than male lion)

- jersey font - it's modern Nike jersey with old style curly font. I would suggest going with some modern font

CgWPTYS.jpgaPH2PVF.jpg

great work all around nas, I love your concepts.

The Victoria crest is just cool, what a great way to include both lions and make it have meaning.

The Hamilton primary kit reminds me a little of TFC's clash kit (which is my favorite TFC kit of all time) and the tie in to the ti-cats via socks is very cool. well thought out. I admit it did take me a minute to see the "H" in the chain link but once I did it became obvious that it was a clever little design.

The simplification of Edmonton and giving Ottawa a unique identity are great too.

I have to say, I'm not a huge fan of this version of the Owls crest though, I liked you Canadian Soccer Pyramid version better. The 2 colours in the "C" just seem a little much for me, that's all. That said, I do like the secondary a lot. Nothing like that cowboy hat! :)

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Saskatchewan Royals

Another team aiming to tie to the city's British heritage (Regina is the Latin word for queen, the city was named after Queen Victoria). The crest is similar to something you might find in La Liga with the crown from the city's flag sitting atop a roundel. Inside the roundel is the wheat pattern used by the Saskatchewan Roughriders, the Royals sister team. The secondary logo is three bushels of wheat, a nod to the province's flag.

The kits were originally Warrior, but with Warrior soccer being replaced by New Balance next year, I changed the manufacturer. In the end, though, I decided to keep the modern, overly designed features Warrior is known for. The home kit features a wheat-pattern sash and sublimated stripes, while the away has an overly complicated template, gradients, and wheat patterns!

qG0a5SL.png

HT3S9Bo.png

The Victoria concept is spot on mate. I myself am quite impressed with it. Love the crest and how you incorporated the two lions to tie the British regally into the club. Plus great use of the dogwood flower as the secondary crest...beautiful mate! I agree with Chromatic with the orange color you used. I would suggest making it a deeper orange to match the BC LIons. The only other criticism is changing the kit sponsor from Coast Capital Savings to something else. Coast Capital Savings said they are not going to be sponsoring any more football clubs on Vancouver Island after their six-year kit sponsorship deal ending with Victoria Highlanders FC in August. Rumor is Shaw signed a multi-year kit sponsorship deal with the Victoria-based club.

I have zero issues with the Saskatchewan concept...it's a top concept!!

Personally I love the number font for Victoria, so I don't plan to change that. I took the orange directly from the BC Lions logo, but it may be that the colouring was slightly off the image I used.

For all sponsors, I just used whatever the team's sister CFL team had on their jerseys this season, which is why the Lions ended up with Coast Capital.

Archived