NASL Canada (Winnipeg added)

nas1787

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saskatchewan is beautiful. The crest is amazing--the combination of the crown and wheat pattern is quite the contrast in terms of meaning, but I like it. I love the home kit with the wheat sash and sublimated stripes, and the clash kit is definitely interesting. Also, I really like the wordmark shown on the player template. The crown on the O and the placement of "Saskatchewan" just look really good.

Voyageurs du Quebec

Here's the second club in a different city than their CFL counterpart. With the Impact in Montreal, the Alouettes put their club in Quebec City. The team name was chosen as a nod to Samuel de Champlain, the French explorer who founded the city in 1608. The logo is another unique one. Despite the familiar crest feel, it is rendered in a one-colour, mono-weight line style, which I think looks quite slick. The compass rose ties to the name, while the bird represents the Alouettes link. The secondary logo is Champlain's ship, the Don de Dieu.

The Voyageurs' Puma kits are the same template, with the home being mainly blue and red, and the clash white and grey. The arm/shoulder stripes are meant to evoke wings. Simple as that.

NEmZzb8.png

7y7o0jA.png

I'm late to comment- generally excellent work.

Regarding the Calgary Owls, you may or may not be aware that Alberta's provincial bird is the Great Horned Owl- I'd suggest adding the feather "horns" to the owl face, which will help it stand out from the surrounding C.

Regarding Québec, a couple of French things: "du Québec" refers to the province as a whole, i.e. "le Québec," while "de Québec" refers to the city only. Perhaps you meant this for the whole province, but in case you didn't... I like the concept and the logo, but, as in English, "Voyageurs" would be more generally considered to refer to the fur-trading canoeists, rather than sailing ship explorers like de Champlain. My suggestions instead would be "Explorateurs" or "Navigateurs," with no changes otherwise required for the logo- unless you want to add a fleur de lys at the north point, which was commonly done on old maps, and would be a popular choice. Intentionally or not, the alouette against the compass rose brings to mind representations of the Holy Spirit as a dove against a sunburst.

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

2 more great ones! I love that you were not afraid to ultra-modern and out there for Saskatchewan meanwhile you kept Quebec pretty traditional.

You also did the wheat better than the 'riders, kudos!

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Thanks for the feedback guys, glad you're enjoying it. sportsherald, you make some great points regarding Quebec, and I agree that your name suggestions would be more apt.

We've only got one club left, which I should have up sometime this week. Winnipeg is probably my favourite of the bunch, which is why I saved it until the end.

Winnipeg Gateway FC

Alright here it is, the final club. I had a hard time coming up with a name I liked for Winnipeg. I eventually settled on Gateway, referencing the city's title as the Gateway to the West. But it also provided me with the imagery for the crest, the gate of Old Fort Garry. In the lower part of the crest is a crocus flower, the official flower of Manitoba. The secondary logo features the W logo of the Blue Bombers, encircled by the club's motto. Wikipedia told me that Winnipeg's official motto is Unum Cum Virtute Multorum, which translates to "one with the power of many." So I updated this to Unum Cum Virtute Undecim, "one with the power of eleven."

The Bluebombers colour scheme is so classy, it screams for a classy kit. So that's what they got. Small white and gold pinhoops on a navy shirt, with similar socks and gold shorts. The clash is a real retro white shirt with navy shorts and white socks.

As I mentioned, this is my favourite of the bunch. I'm interested to hear what you guys think.

Also, that's all for this league. I might do a couple summary graphics in a few days. Thanks for following along!

h3PERun.png

yXZZrkL.png

The Fort Garry gate is a great symbol for Winnipeg as Gateway to the West- I have not seen it used that way before, but it makes sense. That style of gold is an unusual and attractive colour for soccer. Well done.

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

I love Winnipeg's concept, and the Blue Bombers' colors work very well in a soccer uniform. I do wish there was a way you could incorporate the crocus more but I can't think of a way you could do that save for putting a pattern based off of it on the uniforms. Beyond that, great work.

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

Archived