A Football Life (episodes you'd like to see)

Julius Seizure

Would love to see a player or 2 whose careers didn't go well. Someone already mentioned Ryan Leaf, but I'd like to see someone like Ricky Williams (have they done him), or Vince Young, Matt Lienart

I saw a commerical for Ricky Williams I think it premiers this week.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The last two years, they did one about a team (Cleveland 95, Houston 93). This year, if they do another one on a team, it should be about the 1977 Denver Broncos , 1981 San Francisco 49ers, or 1987 New Orleans Saints.

I also don't know why they didn't do an hour show on the Walker Trade (25th anniversary) since they did do one on an event like the Immaculate Reception two years ago.

The last two years, they did one about a team (Cleveland 95, Houston 93). This year, if they do another one on a team, it should be about the 1977 Denver Broncos , 1981 San Francisco 49ers, or 1987 New Orleans Saints.

I hope they do more historical team episodes as well. Those have been my favorite.

I agree about the team episodes. There's something especially interesting about those because they chronicle the dark times of a franchise. I particularly wouldn't mind seeing more like that. These would be very good:

• The Kotite-era Jets: starting from the Marino fake-spike until the Parcells hiring
  • Rams/Raiders last years in LA: LA goes from having two teams to none in one offseason
  • 1943 Phil-Pitt Steagles: They had a winning season that year, but from what I read, the two coaches butted heads a lot. Played in the shadow of WWII.(Would be challenging to find living players from that team to interview)
  • JAX-CAR '96: both expansion teams from the previous year reach their conference title games. (another success story, but still fun to watch)

Founder and Commissioner, World Gridiron

I agree about the team episodes. There's something especially interesting about those because they chronicle the dark times of a franchise. I particularly wouldn't mind seeing more like that. These would be very good:

• The Kotite-era Jets: starting from the Marino fake-spike until the Parcells hiring
  • Rams/Raiders last years in LA: LA goes from having two teams to none in one offseason
  • 1943 Phil-Pitt Steagles: They had a winning season that year, but from what I read, the two coaches butted heads a lot. Played in the shadow of WWII.(Would be challenging to find living players from that team to interview)
  • JAX-CAR '96: both expansion teams from the previous year reach their conference title games. (another success story, but still fun to watch)

They should do Card-Pitt too

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Barry Sanders

They did one on Sanders in 2012 (season one)

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ones I would like to see done:

The Mannings (Archie, Peyton, and Eli)

George Halas

Curly Lambeau

Frank Gifford

Pete Rozelle

John Madden

Barry Sanders

They did one on Sanders last year

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ones I would like to see done:

The Mannings (Archie, Peyton, and Eli)

George Halas

Curly Lambeau

Frank Gifford

Pete Rozelle

John Madden

Gifford just made me think that Chuck Bednarik would make for a badass documentary

Mercury Morris

Don Shula

Larry Csonka

Morris and Csonka (and Jim Kiick) had an episode about them that aired last week ("The Perfect Backfield"); Shula had his own episode last season.

This 506sports.com thread has a running thread about the series' episodes; I think I've seen every episode of the series produced so far (except the John Riggins one in full), although some they've been some duds in the batch ("The Forward Pass" and Darrelle Revis come to mind), while they've regruitated documentaries that aired elsewhere, and re-packaged as "A Football Life" episodes. Case in point, the Warren Sapp and Vince Lombardi ones were re-packaged from other documentaries--the Sapp one is the same special that aired prior to his Hall of Fame induction last year, and the Lombardi one is the exact same one from HBO, except Josh Charles does the narration instead of Liev Schreiber.

Archived