• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ottawa is very nice, and the traditionalists will love it..

the reg unis you made imo were a perfect blend of old and new.. so i was hoping for a more modern looking 3rd..with maybe red as the prominent colour

it is still very nice...

Does this look better?

PI6gXUx.png

just not feeling this one .. cant quite put my finger on why...

the reg unis you made imo were a perfect blend of old and new.. so i was hoping for a more modern looking 3rd..with maybe red as the prominent colour

it is still very nice...

Does this look better?

PI6gXUx.png

Maybe match the pant stripes on to the helmet and add the stripes to the socks as well? Side helmet number just doesn't feel right.

it is still very nice...

Does this look better?

PI6gXUx.png

Maybe match the pant stripes on to the helmet and add the stripes to the socks as well? Side helmet number just doesn't feel right.

I like all of those, except for the grey Stamps helmet.

the TiCats one fits the team, and looks back to a degree, but also doesn't look dated.

Eskimos is reversing the green & yellow--but works for me-although I like their older unis that were actually green & gold--not yellow.

The Als are more coherent now--so that works.

but that grey helmet just doesn't work for me.

I like the old style striping, and the grey jersey isn't too bad, but that would look better with a red helmet.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I like the old style striping, and the grey jersey isn't too bad, but that would look better with a red helmet.

It's actually a white jersey, but the mesh makes it look grey.

Okay--but the jersey wasn't what I'd change--it's the helmet to red.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

• 2 weeks later...

Djruggs, wonderful job on the concepts, especially with the Reebok templates. How did you get them? Did you create them?

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2011-12 ACC men's basketball conference tournament champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football regular season champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

Eskimos is reversing the green & yellow--but works for me-although I like their older unis that were actually green & gold--not yellow.

I'd like to note that the yellow ("gold") that the Eskimos generally use comes from (via the University of Alberta's used uniforms) the colour of poplar leaves in the fall, contrasted against the dark evergreens in the North Saskatchewan River valley. This is well documented. While we all have the right to our own tastes and preferences, my preference is to stay with the current yellow, which has this particular meaning. I acknowledge that "old gold" and lighter shades of green have crept in sometimes for the Esks, but I am pleased that they are now in their true colours.

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

• 1 year later...
On November 5, 2014 at 10:29 PM, Djruggs said:

Updates for the Bombers before I release the Lions

zMgKhz2.png

And a special "white-out" uniform combo to be used on rare occasion

2ZyNmoT.png

The people in Winnipeg love the videogame character Mega Man; he is often called the Blue Bomber.  The mayor of the capital of Manitoba liked it so much, that passed a law that wanted everyone to call the local CFL team the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

19 hours ago, tetris1983 said:

The people in Winnipeg lovearrow-10x10.png the videogame character Mega Man; he is often called the Blue Bomber.  The mayor of the capital of Manitoba liked it so much, that passed a law that wanted everyone to call the local CFL team the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

NO WAY, REALLY????????????? YOU HAD TO BUMP A YEAR AND A HALF YEAR OLD THREAD TO TELL US? WOW, THAT'S AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived