Sign in to follow this  
TylerG

New York Islanders Concept

Wanted to make a quick concept for the Isles loosely based on their Stadium Series jerseys. C&C appreciated.

avUn1F1.png

Flip the striping on the white jersey, and I like the Stadium Series yokes. Rest is ok.

Maybe a flat rather than chromed shoulder patches to tie it in with the rest of the jersey.

Maybe a flat rather than chromed shoulder patches to tie it in with the rest of the jersey.

The shoulder patches are flat.

563X8As.png

I don't really see the point of these. They're basically the same as their current jerseys but with smaller striping, so there is less 'pop' to the colours.

Derivative or not, it's a solid look and is arguably an improvement over the current set. Only thing I don't like is the blue yoke on the road iteration.

Derivative or not, it's a solid look and is arguably an improvement over the current set. Only thing I don't like is the blue yoke on the road iteration.

I'll echo this. Also, I'd love to see the numbers treated the same way as they were post fisherman, pre-edge (1998-2007). Those were, in my opinion, the Islander's strongest jerseys (besides the glory that were the fisherman jerseys, of course).

This better than the current set? Not buying it. The shoulder patches are also redundant but that's not to say that their primary logo is respectable either.

This better than the current set? Not buying it. The shoulder patches are also redundant but that's not to say that their primary logo is respectable either.

They'd be redundant only if they were the same as the primary logo. Like the Buffalo Sabres "classic" set everyone on these boards fawns over