derschwigg

Randy Gregory Wallpaper / Photoshop practice

Hey guys!

I've been seeing a lot of amazing works come through my Twitter feed, and it really struck me that I need to always be refining my techniques. So I put this together this weekend in probably a couple hours time. What do you think?

DAsGqMw.png

Also, nitpicking here - but Gregory swapped his number from #44 to #4 this year. You could probably photoshop out the extra 4 if you were so inclined and wanted to make things accurate to this season.

As far as artistry goes, however, bravo. Excellent work.

I may also scrub out the bright light source in the background image. I think if the background was all darker tones (like the left side of the BG) it would make the player pop more.

Not to threadjack, but I've been working on a poster for De'Mornay Pierson-El. Figured this would be a decent place to post.

VRiqKVm.jpg

Not to threadjack, but I've been working on a poster for De'Mornay Pierson-El. Figured this would be a decent place to post.

VRiqKVm.jpg

I was gonna do one of him next! Nice job!

VRiqKVm.jpg

I was gonna do one of him next! Nice job!

Thanks, appreciate it.

I think his ceiling is limitless right now. As a freshman, he comes in and now leads the nation in punt return yards and has scored TDs on special teams, as a wide received AND thrown a pass back to his QB for a score? The kid has a ton of potential and I really hope Nebraska is smart enough to use him in the right way. He reminds me a bit of D'Anthony Thomas at Oregon. Sometimes the presence of those guys on the field alone is enough to cause problems - does the defense cover him as a RB with linebackers, or do they tag him as a WR and use the secondary?

Here's my Pierson-El Wallpaper.

4M1UR3A.png

That's solid work, well done. The spark effects you have coming off his right arm (left side of photo) are nice.

Might as well turn this into a revolving thread. Here's one for Mr. Miracle Hands himself, Jordan Westerkamp. I liked how my first DPE image came out and wanted to keep a consistent theme since I use a dual monitor setup (actually triple monitor, but I'm still working on a third one :) )

Pkyvp7O.jpg