Guilty pleasures?

Phils Phan

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait when did the switch from the all black socks.

They wore them with all-black socks in 95-96, then the red striped socks in 96-97 and then the first orca set was introduced for the 97-98 season.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I like a lot of 90s things most people hate, (NYI Fisherman and Robo-Pens logos, Barkley era Rockets, Periwinkle Angles, dino Raptors, etc) but they're more unpopular opinions than guilty pleasures.

If I thought of one guilty pleasure it'd probably be the white Buffaslug jerseys. I don't think the design is that bad minus the logo.

I usually hate gradients and huge logos on basketball jerseys, but these are my 2nd favourite Hawks unis ever:

4erepkchfs6lqmdzrc7hdedph.gif

And everything about this uni is terrible, the colours, logo, the complete disregard for any kind of tradition, but I'll always have a soft spot for them just 'cause they remind me of a really good time in my life (plus, the very first time I used the internet was to see this uni & the accompanying logo):

77m5xttvlilqe42zg9w23fa45.gif

I always had a softspot for this weirdness.

The year after they were unveiled. The next year the entire set would be replaced by the Orca

The Mogilny picture looks like the socks were drawn on with paint? Is it a bad edit or just a weird image?

untitled-6.jpg

I always had a softspot for this weirdness.

The year after they were unveiled. The next year the entire set would be replaced by the Orca

The Mogilny picture looks like the socks were drawn on with paint? Is it a bad edit or just a weird image?

Old image of an old trading card, so quite possible, but that is what they looked like. http://www.nhluniforms.com/Canucks/Canucks12.html

And, another image.

$_57.JPG

Watch some highlights of the NBA in late 90's. See every colorful, bombastic, garish jersey in those videos? Those are my guilty pleasures. Raptors. Grizzlies. Warriors. Pistons. Jazz. Everyone of those teams is wearing something much better today, yet I still love their Dial-Up Era sets.

Watch some highlights of the NBA in late 90's. See every colorful, bombastic, garish jersey in those videos? Those are my guilty pleasures. Raptors. Grizzlies. Warriors. Pistons. Jazz. Everyone of those teams is wearing something much better today, yet I still love their Dial-Up Era sets.

Oh yeah, I missed the Warriors!

warriors.jpg

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

For me, it's the Dallas Cowboys white uniforms. When I look at the uniform objectively, it goes against everything I like in a uniform. Mismatched blues and that awful silver-green color (made worse when in direct sunlight). Yet, I absolutely love that uniform. It's probably my favorite NFL uniform.

If that isn't a guilty pleasure, I don't know what is.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Teal is my favorite color, so, when used correctly, I love uniforms that feature it as the primary color. The Sharks uniforms of the 90s, for example, are a beautiful use of teal because they established a solid identity wearing the color. The Pistons uniforms from that decade, however… I like to pretend that those uniforms didn't exsist.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

Archived