2015-16 Soccer Kits and News

crashcarson15

No they are ditching yellow next year. Black takes over as the primary.

Per SB Nation "Massive Report":

Many fans were very happy with what Adidas did with the Crew SC jerseys for 2015, but Massive Report can confirm that 2016 will see a major change.

So long iconic "gold" kit. Welcome back white jersey.

Last week, we released a post featuring the 2016 Adidas catalogue that featured the current black Crew SC jersey and an image of the seal of Columbus instead of another kit. Speculation was rampant as to what this might mean going forward. Could this be something pointing towards the secondary jersey? Does this indicate a possible third jersey?

If they come up with something similar to some of Marseilles or Bordeaux's third kits I could like these. But if it's something like pinstripes or shapes randomly floating across the shirt it could be a disaster.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The West Brom kit looks silly with the old crest in place of their current crest. Is it supposed to represent a past look?

It is just using the throwback crest. When they used that crest in the late seventies and eighties the away kit was normally a combination of yellow and green stripes. Can't find any record of them having a red shirt with that crest.

glory10.png

Crew SC dropping its banana kit in favor of something related to the Columbus seal/city flag: http://www.massivereport.com/2015/6/10/8755843/columbus-crew-sc-to-abandon-gold-kit-in-2016

This has been known since the adidas catalog leaked, but has since been confirmed by. Massive Report and The Dispatch.

Dropping yellow for a white shirt with "funky colors"? That sounds like a terrible idea. Columbus owns the gold color.
Actually, they're dropping yellow for black.

The white shirt will replace the black one as secondary.

Thank you for the clarification. So yellow goes from primary to discontinued, even worse than I thought.

Columbus did wear black as its primary up until 2007 or so. But since then they've really owned yellow. They absolutely nailed their kit collection this year, so it's a real shame. Normally I like when teams embrace city or regional flags and iconography, but it seems like needless, misguided pandering in the Crew's case.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

1860 Munich:

1860-munchen-15-16-trikot.jpg

lol, am I the only one that wishes more sponsors took a cue from Volkswagen here and got a little more creative with what they put on a team's jersey? Pretty clever of VW to forgo their primary logo that's already on Wolfsburg's jerseys in favor of something that perfectly fits 1860 Munich.

1860 Munich:

That might be an even better club/sponsor pairing than Newcastle United and Newcastle Brown Ale.

It's definitely up there. Oh how I wish Newcastle had never ended that partnership.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

That Swansea away is a little crazy. I like it.

Besiktas and Celtic have done one of the things that drives me crazy. If your primary is green/white hoops, why the hell is your change kit solid green? GAH.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I like what Adidas did for Besiktas, but what if they play Juventus?

Since they can't have more than one sponsor for Champions League I'm sure they'll probably get a special Champions League uniform similar to what Bayern does and Bayer Leverkusen seem to do.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

That Swansea away is a little crazy. I like it.

Besiktas and Celtic have done one of the things that drives me crazy. If your primary is green/white hoops, why the hell is your change kit solid green? GAH.

It is a little baffling -- but the good news is that no other teams in the SPL wear green, so that reduces the chances some.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

I like what Adidas did for Besiktas, but what if they play Juventus?

Since they can't have more than one sponsor for Champions League I'm sure they'll probably get a special Champions League uniform similar to what Bayern does and Bayer Leverkusen seem to do.

Or Juve will just wear pink.

Archived