2015-16 Soccer Kits and News

crashcarson15

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

White socks, I like it!

ob_3f2af4_arsenal-nouveau-maillot-2015-2

White socks. I hate it.

Too 'Love Boat'. And with all the white on the jersey, the socks need a significant amount of red to balance it out.

I'm thinking it the exact other way round. The jersey has too much white on it to make the socks red. If you have a solid red jersey, then white socks look strange and they should be also red. But with white sleeves, white socks look better for me.

Good:

The-Arsenal-defence-organ-003.jpg

not so good:

gun__1324464668_510_poty2011_01.jpg

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Derby looks very sharp!

The Saints' new away kit:

ob_9c9bb4_southampton-new-away-kit-2016-

Prediction: Future Seattle primary kit, complete with Navy instead of Sounder blue. It's a nice look.
I can't imagine Seattle wearing a sash given their ever increasing rivalry with LA. But I do agree that using navy would balance the green immeasurably better than the royal blue does.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Spain is a mess, they have at least four nameplate versions:

-Full first name/Initial surname (Priscila B., Ruth G.)

-Initial first name/full surname (M. Corredera)

-traditional surname only (Meseguer, Panos)

-mononym (majority of the team)

EDIT: A fifth

-full paternal surname/initial maternal surname (Paredes H.)

brazil-2015-away-kit-2.jpg

Wait, where did we see this before? :rolleyes:

Also interesting that neither wore their primary kits. I could understand Brazil in blue if Spain wore all red. Fifa need to let the teams decide what they're wearing instead of mandating these types of uniform matchups.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

White socks, I like it!

ob_3f2af4_arsenal-nouveau-maillot-2015-2

With so much white it is verging on looking more like Ajax than an Arsenal kit.

glory10.png

brazil-2015-away-kit-2.jpg

Wait, where did we see this before? :rolleyes:

Also interesting that neither wore their primary kits. I could understand Brazil in blue if Spain wore all red. Fifa need to let the teams decide what they're wearing instead of mandating these types of uniform matchups.

Exactly, Germany vs. Norway was another horrible example. Normally you would expect to see Norway in red and Germany in white but FIFA mandated Germany to wear their red away kit despite being the home team and Norway got to wear white.

I'm still not sure why FIFA has some of these uniform restrictions in place when I bet 99% of people watching games online or on TV have screens that show accurate enough color that they aren't going to confuse who's who.

Found an interesting article on when Admiral first started to market England kits in 1974. Admiral, started producing the official England football kit - the first to include the manufacturer's logo on the chest - he paid the Football Association £15,000 a year for the privilege. The revolutionary deal, in 1974, allowed Admiral to sell British-made replica shirts to supporters for £5 - increasing to £9 with shorts and socks included.

Considering how much is paid for now just goes to show how much the game has come along.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/the-filter/10904012/Meet-the-man-who-created-the-replica-football-shirt-market.html

glory10.png

Arsenal looks terrible. Ditching Nike was a terrible mistake, as Puma can't seem to understand to make only the sleeves white, and not the shoulders.

Roma's away kit looks sweet, and it makes up for the stupid dark colored sleeves on the home look (which is still a fairly solid looking kit in my books).

And those Slovenia kits are awesome.

spacer.png

Archived