2015-16 Soccer Kits and News

crashcarson15

Albion looks nice. Good to have stripes back.

I don't understand what the point of Fiorentina's alt kit is. Why make three kits exactly the same except for colour? I'd much rather see something unique for the third.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

n8ELQNJ.jpgaa1vA23.png

Main complaint I'm seeing from my NCFC friends is the yellow block across the front for the sake of the sponsor logo contrast. A bit of outline could have prevented this IMO.

Yep, that's the problem. And yep, that would have solved it. Otherwise it's a gorgeous shirt. Love halves.

Here's my quick and dirty take on the outline modification. It gets the shirt much, much closer to the original intent of the design while still allowing the sponsor logo to stand out...

O2nu8Tp.jpg

FC Augsburg:

trikotvorstellung_1516_2_600.jpg

Getting a serious Portland Trailblazers vibe from the two jerseys on the right. Nike conspiracy theory?

And what's sublimated on the bottom of the red jersey?

West Brom looks pretty darn good imo, best Adidas kit they've had:

ob_a03758_west-brom-new-kits-2015-2016.j

ob_ce6f8a_west-brom-new-kits-2016.jpegob_4cce7f_west-bromwich-maillot-2016.jpe

You're right; I love the shade of red they've chosen to go with that navy.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

AC Milan Third shorts:

ac-milan-15-16-third-kit-shorts%2B%25282

ac-milan-15-16-third-kit-shorts%2B%25283

Does Adidas have people from quick silver designing their shorts? Like really they are making no sense to me unless they double as board shorts as well

I'd like to see AC Milan challenge Sturm Graz to a surfing competition in these, because that's exactly what they look like.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

FC Augsburg:

trikotvorstellung_1516_2_600.jpg

Getting a serious Portland Trailblazers vibe from the two jerseys on the right. Nike conspiracy theory?

And what's sublimated on the bottom of the red jersey?

I don't see the trail blazers at all, and it's just "FCA" at the bottom

Norwich City's home came out this morning. Since Mockba is still slumbering away on the west coast, here it is...

n8ELQNJ.jpgaa1vA23.png

cv8mmoT.jpg

I think the green in the shorts will match the shirts. I suspect the picture was taken at a different time w/ different lighting, etc... but at the end of the video you can see the top of Bradley Johnson's shorts and the color appears to match.

Main complaint I'm seeing from my NCFC friends is the yellow block across the front for the sake of the sponsor logo contrast. A bit of outline could have prevented this IMO.

And for those saying ManU did this with a road kit some years back, NCFC did this in the 30s, and with Carrow Road turning 80 this year, this year's shirt is meant as a throwback.

Not a fan of the way they did the sponsor and added the yellow block.

Not sure about the Manchester United comparison as when they were formed as Newton Heath they had that style well before Norwich. Back in 1878 to be correct. Thats why United did it as an away kit.

glory10.png

The West Bromwich Albion shirt would look far better without the awful red trim.

The Aston Villa kit looks like Macron had a spare West Ham Template left over a few years ago and decided to put it to use now from the teaser picture.

glory10.png

Not a fan of the way they did the sponsor and added the yellow block.

Not sure about the Manchester United comparison as when they were formed as Newton Heath they had that style well before Norwich. Back in 1878 to be correct. Thats why United did it as an away kit.

Most folks aren't... but fans are still on their post-Wembley high because first day sales broke the old record by about 20%. Many folks are blaming this failed execution on Aviva's branding rules, which require a buffer zone around the logo extending the height of their letter A, but everything I've seen cites those rules for websites and print, not attire. Still, I think if Errera and NCFC had gone to Aviva with a few outline alternatives, they'd have easily decided to go with one of those.

Coincidentally, NCFC announced an eight year extension of their deal with Errea. In their time with NCFC they've really only had one shirt I just had to have, and that was the green & white third shirt they had back in their first year.

As for the MUFC history, yes I know it goes further back, but how many people are going to cite that lineage? It's sorta like citing that NCFC was originally blue and white in 1905 (unless you know they brought it back for the centenary in 2005).

Archived