2015-16 Soccer Kits and News

crashcarson15

Bit of an odd one in MLS tonight: Sean Johnson is wearing the Fire's black third as his keeper kit.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit of an odd one in MLS tonight: Sean Johnson is wearing the Fire's black third as his keeper kit.

It's not hugely common, but it does happen - Italy is one place you see it now and again, with Sampdoria's Viviano a regular culprit. Personally, I like it just as long as everyone isn't doing it.

UNAM is always a bit out there, but I dig those. I know it'd be a little redundant, but I do wish they had a crest, even if it's just the puma head, on there as well.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The away shirt comes in a 6XL, which based on Errea sizing makes it closer to a 5XL...

If find this actually wrong. If anything a club that represents any sport or fitness activity should be encouraging obese people to lose weight and not pandering to thier size. Stop making shirts that size and help them exercise to lose weight.

This is an incredibly stupid thing to say.

Not at all. Sportswear manufacturers should be promoting a healthier lifestyle. Not lets make our shirts bigger for the obese. Defeats the object of promoting their sportswear range on the fitness side. It's more incredibly stupid a sporting firm to promote obesity.

glory10.png

The away shirt comes in a 6XL, which based on Errea sizing makes it closer to a 5XL...

If find this actually wrong. If anything a club that represents any sport or fitness activity should be encouraging obese people to lose weight and not pandering to thier size. Stop making shirts that size and help them exercise to lose weight.

Not at all. Sportswear manufacturers should be promoting a healthier lifestyle. Not lets make our shirts bigger for the obese. Defeats the object of promoting their sportswear range on the fitness side. It's more incredibly stupid a sporting firm to promote obesity.

Let's pretend your fat shaming is correct (it's not). How is it promoting a healthy lifestyle if these companies don't make athletic wear that obese people can wear to the gym (or wherever) to get into shape? Seems like it'd just be a big f you to me.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

But also some folks are just big. Or cat exercise. Or have medial ailments. Or whatever. People come in different shapes. They're still allowed to support their teams. I'm not a big dude myself, but I'm also not a pro athlete.

I've been lighting this candle for a while now - slim fitting soccer shirts (and for other sports) aren't a good look for a lot of body shapes, the un-obese included.

The cut of most Sounders jerseys I see in Seattle taper way in at the belly, which is nice if your body also tapers there. That's not true for a lot of guys, so instead of having an awesome soccer shirt, they have love handle magnifiers that cost $100.

There are a lot of big folks in America for reasons way behind "get out and exercise fatty." Our cheapest food is unhealthy. We send parents to jail if their kids play outside alone so they instead stare at iPads all day. Our communities are built to encourage all travel by car instead of walking. The US isn't super awesome at public health and it shows.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

But also some folks are just big. Or cat exercise. Or have medial ailments. Or whatever. People come in different shapes. They're still allowed to support their teams. I'm not a big dude myself, but I'm also not a pro athlete.

There are a lot of big folks in America for reasons way behind "get out and exercise fatty." Our cheapest food is unhealthy. We send parents to jail if their kids play outside alone so they instead stare at iPads all day. Our communities are built to encourage all travel by car instead of walking. The US isn't super awesome at public health and it shows.

And the individual also has a responsibility to look after their own health. Instead of waiting for your country to promote it maybe try to do something for yourself and look after your own health. Thats the problem too many people want to be spoon fed and have everything done for them. As I have said any sports wear manufacturer should be promoting a better health and lifestyle in their range and not pandering to obese by producing oversize shirts. May come across as harsh and it may hit a few nerves but considering their is a whole generation of people who are obese and not just through medical reasons but due to sheer laziness. Then why should the sportswear companies pander to the overweight.

glory10.png

This dumbass argument needs to stop. First, it's incredibly dumb. Like so damn dumb. Who needs sportwear companies to make items like - let's say - workout and atheltic gear for people who are obese? How about obese people so they can start working out and playing sports so they can stop being obese. And really tall people like to wear clothes that fit too, and god forbid they wear a baggy shirt on a 6'8" frame because Ian think's it's fat people pandering...

and second, but more imporantly, retail shirt sizes have nothing to do with soccer/footy kit leaks/designs.

[mod redacted]

I have two points:

1. Specifically, replica soccer shirts are cut too slim. I don't think they look good on average people.

2. You can tell people to get on the treadmill all you want, but for a lot of people for a lot of reasons, it's not that easy.

EDIT: And I'm happy for that to be my last word on the topic.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

This dumbass argument needs to stop. First, it's incredibly dumb. Like so damn dumb. Who needs sportwear companies to make items like - let's say - workout and atheltic gear for people who are obese? How about obese people so they can start working out and playing sports so they can stop being obese. And really tall people like to wear clothes that fit too, and god forbid they wear a baggy shirt on a 6'8" frame because Ian think's it's fat people pandering...

and second, but more imporantly, retail shirt sizes have nothing to do with soccer/footy kit leaks/designs.

[mod redacted]

Very mature of you. Maybe if you read back in the thread about why it started instead of calling it a dumb argument when it was relevant to the thread. I have said my piece and if people are offended by some truth because they are lard arses then tough on them.

glory10.png

Archived