2015-16 Soccer Kits and News

crashcarson15

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leak of the USA away kit to be released next month. Comes from a site that uses computer renderings to leak them. They are accurate about 99% of the time.http://www.footyheadlines.com/2014/12/nike-usa-2015-away-kit.html?m=1r2lvn9.jpg

I find most of the U.S. kits disappointing.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

I'm very late, but wow I live that black NY kit.

Those orange details really do it for me. Without the orange accents, it's just okay.

I love the team-colored MLS sleeve logos too. New logo isn't great, but it's sure as hell better than the previous version, IMO.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

USA needs to get a good, solid look and run with it. When they change every year or so there is no way to build tradition. We need to have a "look" that's not simply the trendy fashion mode of the month.

But that is your look..

Nike sure as hell isn't about to introduce a look and run with it for years, that will hurt sales. The US is actually a dream for manufacturers as is, large fan base with little tradition, allowing for maximization of profits!

I think he means that the US go with hoops, sashes or something else that carries on to the next uniform. Like Peru will always have a white shirt with red sash and Argentina will always have white and sky blue stripes.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I think he means that the US go with hoops, sashes or something else that carries on to the next uniform. Like Peru will always have a white shirt with red sash and Argentina will always have white and sky blue stripes.

Well said. Fine to change every year for sales but keep 75% consistent so people tuning in to a match know, oh, the USA is playing. Think of Italy, Brazil, Argentina. Iconic yet they change the kits subtly every major tournament so sales continue to happen. In the example below you see the USA with 3 very different looks that could become iconic for them but they don't use them long enough for them to become so.

ItalyUSA.jpg

ItalyUSA.jpg

To be fair, you're showing two away jerseys with the home hoops.

Your point is valid, though. More hoops, please.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

ItalyUSA.jpg

To be fair, you're showing two away jerseys with the home hoops.

Your point is valid, though. More hoops, please.

Right, sorry, my main point was to show the 3 distinctly different styles and point out how if any of the 3 had been continued and tweaked slightly like the Italy kits, it would have begun building a tradition. Thought it in my head without actually writing it down.

The USA mostly *does* have a tradition of white at home, navy away. There are exceptions -- the hoops home from 2012, last year's popsicle away -- but the United States has not abruptly shifted as much as people like to think. Maybe the identity isn't as strong as Brazil, but I also don't think that the occasional red third kit, the addition/subtraction of a sash, or 1994 necessarily mean that the USA is completely schizophrenic, either.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

The USA mostly *does* have a tradition of white at home, navy away. There are exceptions -- the hoops home from 2012, last year's popsicle away -- but the United States has not abruptly shifted as much as people like to think. Maybe the identity isn't as strong as Brazil, but I also don't think that the occasional red third kit, the addition/subtraction of a sash, or 1994 necessarily mean that the USA is completely schizophrenic, either.

I'd like to see a tradition with a little more flare. Putting the sash or hoops into the regular rotation of kits would be a good move IMO.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Archived