crashcarson15

2015-16 Soccer Kits and News

If true, alright. Wouldn't hurt for a larger outline and something star or soccer ball related, but alright. I can live with it.

Not what I would've expected, but it isn't too bad. Maybe putting a star on the middle of the stripes would do something?

Central Coast Mariners - I'm not sure which is which, but I would guess that they're away, home, and goalie from left to right.
ccm-kit-launch_sgtzuz5bkd931eycit9a2e9o8

I'd have liked the word "soccer" somewhere in there, or a tasteful rendering of a ball. Just to be clear that this crest is for the soccer team, you know. But that's a small nitpick -- pretty clear upgrade otherwise!

It'll be interesting to see if this is a full USSF rebrand or just used as a team crest. If it's the former, I imagine they'll have variations much like the FA uses.

us-soccer-2016-logo-vs-previous-version.

If legit, I love this update. It's not the best US Soccer crest design I've ever seen, but it's clean and effective. I've always been a fan of the navy blue over royal as well.

Are we sure this isn't an overall USA logo for the Olympics and would appear on all the soccer gear? If this is the new permanent crest they could have done so much better.

It's not bad, but it doesn't blow me away. Thickening up the outer stroke would go a long way. I'd also like to see some stars involved, given the whole stars and stripes thing.

(Do not tell me they can't have stars because they haven't won anything, or else I'm going to post every other national team crest that involves stars. Just try me.)

It's not bad, but it doesn't blow me away. Thickening up the outer stroke would go a long way. I'd also like to see some stars involved, given the whole stars and stripes thing.

(Do not tell me they can't have stars because they haven't won anything, or else I'm going to post every other national team crest that involves stars. Just try me.)

I won't say they can't for that reason, but I will say they shouldn't for that reason.

I wouldn't read a lot into that, since it was an FFA Cup game. Melbourne Victory was wearing a different font on the back, with the shorts numbers looking like the A-League set from previous years:

144782-257c5df4-3a95-11e5-b7f4-c7b5af7b8

connor-pain-on-the-ball-against-balmain-

There's a close up picture with the A League logo on the numbers as well. Melbourne looked silly with two conflicting sets.

sydney%20fc_zpsro0aucnn.png

Best part is the apparent switch back to Navy. Huge improvement.

Not perfect, but a huge upgrade for U.S. Soccer. Return to navy is nice, they got the stripe color right finally and I'm glad the clip art ball is gone. Ultimately the centennial crest is my favorite but this is a huge step in the right direction. The women's team will have stars on their uniform, now the USMNT will have to earn theirs

I mocked up a version that was less stretched vertically and had a thicker border

91kBCGE.jpg

As others have said though, enormous improvement over what they have now.

us-soccer-2016-logo-vs-previous-version.

If legit, I love this update. It's not the best US Soccer crest design I've ever seen, but it's clean and effective. I've always been a fan of the navy blue over royal as well.

Are we sure this isn't an overall USA logo for the Olympics and would appear on all the soccer gear? If this is the new permanent crest they could have done so much better.
Good point. This could be an "Olympics crest" similar to what Nike creates for USA Hockey for the Winter Olympics country federation logos are banned.

^ If the Footy Headlines article is to be believed (most, if not all of their information is usually spot on btw), this is the new logo for U.S. Soccer starting next year, and not just a logo to be used as an Olympics logo.

I mocked up a version that was less stretched vertically and had a thicker border

91kBCGE.jpg

Could you change USA to USSF? I think that would look better and incorporate soccer without actually saying it or showing a ball.

Also footy hyeadlines broke the 2014 home whites before so this could be legit.

Not feeling the chevron-esque shapes that Nike is using for both U.S. basketball and apparently soccer now. The shield seems pretty generic too and only that shape in order to capture the chevron stretching. It pops at least. Should look good from afar, but meh.

91kBCGE.jpg

Could you change USA to USSF? I think that would look better and incorporate soccer without actually saying it or showing a ball.

Here's a quick hack job with USSF

5hqzY6f.jpg

and a possible way to incorporate a soccer ball and stars:

gF6aEfs.jpg

91kBCGE.jpg

gF6aEfs.jpg
Winner right here.

England will have a new away kit for 2015 / 2016:

ob_48b18a_maillot-angleterre-euro-2016.j

A desperate plea for Nike to just leave soccer altogether is in order.

They should just stick to messing about with the NFL and leave the beatiful game kits alone. Utter dross kit maker

England will have a new away kit for 2015 / 2016:

ob_48b18a_maillot-angleterre-euro-2016.j

A desperate plea for Nike to just leave soccer altogether is in order.

They should just stick to messing about with the NFL and leave the beatiful game kits alone. Utter dross kit maker

It's one bad kit. Puma, Macron and adidas have put out some uggos too.

Can people stop quoting that England shirt leak so I don't have to keep seeing it?

Looking at it again though, the actual kits never have the dri-fit logo on them. That is usually only on the training kits. However, the flag design inside the collar is usually only used on the actual kits. We will probably find out before the next matches in early September.