2015-16 Soccer Kits and News

crashcarson15

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep. Sponsors usually care little if their logo is sympathetic to the shirt's design and colour, they want their corporate branding used.

Which is precisely why teams should not leave it up to the sponsor.

Sometimes there's a symmetry, such as Arsenal and Emirates both favoring red. But before that, Emirates sponsored Chelsea, and I'm not aware of the sponsor logo ever being in red even on a white clash kit.

Teams have to set the guidelines to keep sponsor logos from overwhelming or clashing with team branding on kits. If they don't or won't, then it's the teams that should shoulder the blame.

I certainly don't disagree with that principle - the problem is though, if you're a club like Arsenal or Chelsea you have a bit of clout when it comes to stuff like this. For a lot of clubs though, money talks and it's the sponsor who holds said money.

It's fair to say as well a lot of chairman couldn't care less how good or bad a sponsor logo looks, just as long as their cheque's good. Shame.

^ That certainly is better, but if the sleeves were either the dark grey or black it would be a very sharp look. The dark green is just an odd choice IMO. Also, the footy headlines article says the shorts will be an "off-white", and the same with the socks, so it should make for an interesting look to say the least.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I certainly don't disagree with that principle - the problem is though, if you're a club like Arsenal or Chelsea you have a bit of clout when it comes to stuff like this. For a lot of clubs though, money talks and it's the sponsor who holds said money.

It's fair to say as well a lot of chairman couldn't care less how good or bad a sponsor logo looks, just as long as their cheque's good. Shame.

When I see a bad looking sponsor logo on a jersey, I can't help but think negatively about that company and to a lesser extent think negatively about the team. Having worked in Europe, I was shocked at the level of design acumen of everyone, not just those in the design industry. I can't help but think that having a poorly designed logo or color combo of the logo on a jersey, is much worse in Europe than it would be in the USA. And, I would think that good CEOs and team owners would be aware of what a difference a good look can make.

What makes me sad is that we seem to be losing the locally-based sponsors and now all you see are online betting houses, airlines from the mid-east and tourism boards from countries no one wants to go to (Azerbaijan? Really? Why would I leave Madrid to go to Azerbaijan?) If I want to buy a Valencia jersey, I want a local or at least a Spanish company on the front.

I buy Everton things because that is who I follow in the EPL, but I find it hard to believe that anyone in Liverpool is drinking Chang beer. I would much rather get an Everton jersey with Cains Brewery, John West foods or Lambrini, but I guess those jerseys would not sell well in China and southeast Asia.

What makes me sad is that we seem to be losing the locally-based sponsors and now all you see are online betting houses, airlines from the mid-east and tourism boards from countries no one wants to go to (Azerbaijan? Really? Why would I leave Madrid to go to Azerbaijan?) If I want to buy a Valencia jersey, I want a local or at least a Spanish company on the front.

I buy Everton things because that is who I follow in the EPL, but I find it hard to believe that anyone in Liverpool is drinking Chang beer. I would much rather get an Everton jersey with Cains Brewery, John West foods or Lambrini, but I guess those jerseys would not sell well in China and southeast Asia.

Last year, the Everton bar in Chicago sold Chang on gamedays. It's a decent beer.

Amen to that. Some of the more fitting ones I can think of, current and old...

74314d9389bc46b4cef5bab9194b3692.jpgNIK_40270_A.jpegSEA_home%28FORMATTED%29.jpgCHV_homekit%28Formatted%29.jpg

Those Germany kits are godawful. When I saw the first photoshops of the new home kit I thought "ok, the real thing will probably be a bit less dull." But no, it's turned out to be as overly simplistic as feared. And that away...jesus, what in the :censored: where they thinking? At least the red and black kit had its design going for it, even though it lacked in tradition. But this? Olive green + grey and black? Why....WHY?!

I buy Everton things because that is who I follow in the EPL, but I find it hard to believe that anyone in Liverpool is drinking Chang beer.

Chang sponsor Everton's shirts because the Premier League is broadcast on TV to millions of people in Asia. Which is their actual target audience rather than people living in Liverpool close to the team.

Last year, the Everton bar in Chicago sold Chang on gamedays. It's a decent beer.

I've drank Chang both in England and Thailand. It's decent as you say but I definitely prefer Singha if I had to choose a Thai beer. What surprised me in Thailand was that Singha sponsor(ed) both Chelsea and Manchester United and their billboards were plastered with players from those teams. Whereas I didn't see a single Chang advertisement featuring an Everton player. I thought that was a bit strange considering they are the main sponsor and not just an 'official partner' type deal.

*LOCAL SHIRT SPONSOR EXAMPLES*

As I said above, with the game being televised worldwide, the number of local sponsors is only going to decrease if anything. You will still get local sponsors in the lower leagues but even then that's not always a good thing...

camiseta_Tranmere_Rovers_2015_2016_1.jpg

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Archived