2015-16 Soccer Kits and News

crashcarson15

There are way too many white shirts. Köln and Wolfsburg should go color at home. And Stuttgart needs to put more details into their kit. Only the chest ring looks boring, they were so much better with colored sleeves in the 90s.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find the new logo to be ok but think it's silly to feature all of North and South America on the logo when the team is only based in Miami. I get that they may want to appeal to Central and South Americans but the team's logo shouldn't feature that.

I know man... it's crazy that a team would do such a thing.

ClubAmericaLogo-1.png

Doesn't make it any less stupid.

Actually, this one works perfectly, because it's Club AMERICA. As in, the Americas. For FC Miami, though, it's definitely silly.

From what I've read they call the team Club America because it was founded on Columbus Day (the guy that is known for discovering the Americas).

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Actually, this one works perfectly, because it's Club AMERICA. As in, the Americas. For FC Miami, though, it's definitely silly.

From what I've read they call the team Club America because it was founded on Columbus Day (the guy that is known for discovering the Americas).

Could be true. But since then they've really run with the Americas theme. (Smart idea, as opposed to celebrating Christopher Columbus, imo.)

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

I disagree on the white shirts. The only team here that shouldn't wear white at home is Wolfsburg. Köln in red always looks wrong to me at home.

Yeah fully red would look wrong your are right. But something like last season is just ideal.

That's a previous incarnation of Miami FC, not the current group.

f0e69e802ec40bfe3b935249c63a55c6.jpg
Well I was using my 20/20 vision that someone would have thought that this Miami FC used it previously. Not everyone uses Google wisely.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Another new logo unveiled, this time for a D3 USL club.

MKAxc37_.png

It's embarrassing. I really can't improve upon McCarthy's post, so I hope he won't mind if I quote him:

The negative space ball on top makes a crown. I get that. That's pretty clever, but what is that random notch on the right side? Why isn't the shield symmetrical? Even the ball is slightly asymmetrical.

It's a shield and they've attempted to give it some dimension by using two colors on the face of the shield which is fine, but it's also why it's annoying then that the FC overlaps that line. There's also clashing perspective issues with the outline on the bottom of the shield being thicker than it is elsewhere. And the lavender part of the shield either shouldn't have an outline, or it should have an outline that matches the weight of the orange one to match the perspective they're trying to create. The outline in that space should at the very least be consistent weight all the way around. It's actually easier to do it that way than it is the way they did it.

I'm also not a fan of using the orange on the FC, but placing Cincinnati in white. That's personal preference though so I'll let that slide.

Also, the griffin with the sword is poorly centered as well. I know it's probably the textbook definition of center in that they took the whole graphic and lined up the middle points with the guide they placed over the center of the shield, but when you have something like that where most of the weight is skewed to one side or the other it's best just to eschew the exact center of the whole image and use the center of where most of the weight is concentrated. That's a long sentence. In this case the center of the weight is the body and wings of the lion. It's okay for the sword to peak out a little farther to the right.

It's minor league soccer, but that's still professional level. No reason to make amateur mistakes in your branding.

I agree. Infinitely better than the :censored: they've forced on Germany.

You do realise the National FA have the final say on what the team wears so it was hardly forced on to Germany. I think Adidas can be forgiven for one poor kit on the great kits they have supplied to Germany.

I actually think you could put some black onto this Spain kit and would've the best Germany home kit ever.

And Arsenal's third is other than expected. The design comes with diagonal stripes.

Arsenal-15-16-Third-Kit%2B%25282%2529.jp

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

I actually think you could put some black onto this Spain kit and would've the best Germany home kit ever.

And Arsenal's third is other than expected. The design comes with diagonal stripes.

Arsenal-15-16-Third-Kit%2B%25282%2529.jp

Less hideous than the vertical version and the color combination is actually very pleasing...but I'm assuming it doesn't extend around the back so it still feels apron-y to me.

Archived