2015-16 Soccer Kits and News

crashcarson15

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New kits for the Melbourne Victory from Adidas:
adidas-football-melbourne-victory-kits_1

The pattern on the clash kit is supposed to mirror the domes of AAMI/Melbourne Rectangular Stadium: (http://cms.ukintpress.com/UserFiles/Melbourne-Rectangular-Stadium.jpg). Looking at these really shows how cluttered the A-League's kits can be with the league logo on the chest.

Full article from the A-League about the kits: http://www.a-league.com.au/article/melbourne-victory-and-adidas-reveal-next-generation-kits-for-season-201516/pgs7jk5rkdq91xc64a5qkp0b1

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

Yeah. It sounds like it's a fake, so my outrage (perhaps misplaced this morning...) was a bit much, but the real problem lies not with my overreaction but that IMO, this is something Nike might actually try. I mean, the US are only playing in a Copa America next year. They put the women in team Nike volt BS for a GD World Cup.

The image may be fake, but the takeaway - for me, at least - is that there's a disturbing truth to this kit.

Yeah. It sounds like it's a fake, so my outrage (perhaps misplaced this morning...) was a bit much, but the real problem lies not with my overreaction but that IMO, this is something Nike might actually try. I mean, the US are only playing in a Copa America next year. They put the women in team Nike volt BS for a GD World Cup.

The image may be fake, but the takeaway - for me, at least - is that there's a disturbing truth to this kit.

So the real takeaway is that it's ok to go nuts as long as the delusion in your head is justified somehow...

Saw Newcastle's clash kit "live" for the first time in the "highlights" against Man U, and that white and aqua looks beautiful.

On the other hand, I'm watching Hamburger vs. Stuttgart right now and Hamburger's wearing their white jersey, red shorts, and blue socks, and those red shorts just stand out in a bad way. I don't think they even look that good on their own: that shade of blue looks muddied on that shade of red.

I kinda agree. But for me the main reason is that the stripes are blue on red on the shorts.

gettyimages-484871062.jpg#

Firstly, while the full name of the team is "Der Hamburger Sportverein", I believe it is proper to refer to the team in English as "Hamburg" instead of "Hamburger".

I much prefer the use of blue instead of red on the back of the home jersey. I agree with the comment about the blue adidas stripes on the red shorts. I don't hate it, but it just doesn't look right.

They did better than Nike's third shirts from this year, so I'll give them credit for that. I think Nike and adidas are the only ones using the same template for all their top teams. Adidas just did it better this year.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived