2015-16 Soccer Kits and News

crashcarson15

This is what I came up with back in June last year following the reveal of the Melbourne City logo (which I still think should have been more like the NYC one)

dribbble-58.png

http://thirdkit.co/2015/08/09/manchester-city-fc/

That's nice, but I'd use the Maltese Cross instead of stars. And I don't like the inner and outer rings being of different colors, which still bothers me about New York City.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The three stripes come from the city's coat of arms. They apparently represent the three rivers that run though the city center. Given that Man United is in the suburbs, hence the "City", I'd say they should remain.

640px-Coat_of_arms_of_Manchester_City_Co

United still use the Manchester coat of arms on their official club suits. Also best not mention United are not actually in the city to United fans they actually argue the case they are and thats mainly from the majority of their fan base that live in London. Ooops that will upset them also.

hi-res10.jpg

glory10.png

That would be hysterical, if Man City ended up copying us for once....

Sounds like they have a planned crest change and want to use the fan angle to put it out. I might be wrong but that's what it seems like to me.

I remember that second option being the epitome of donkey :censored:.

There was no way the current NYCFC logo wasn't going to win that fan vote.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Rumor is that the black USMNT kit is actually the away and that there will be a white v-neck with one red sleeve and one blue sleeve.

Something like this?

image.jpg

It's not a bad look, but for the 1384th time, the USMNT needs to find an identity and stick with it. Better than a black home though.

Might be time to start a 16-17 thread with the way leaks are coming

I like it. Not sure we should try to make an iconic look in the midst of such a transitional era. And of course with Nike at the helm I'm sure they feel completely comfortable coming up with new look after new look.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

That would be hysterical, if Man City ended up copying us for once....

Sounds like they have a planned crest change and want to use the fan angle to put it out. I might be wrong but that's what it seems like to me.

I remember that second option being the epitome of donkey :censored:.

There was no way the current NYCFC logo wasn't going to win that fan vote.

nycfc_badge_vote.png

Having spoken at the time with the designer and the team's senior administration, I can tell you that you're wrong. They were very prepared to go with the shield-shape inspired by the city seal. Coach Kries even preferred that to the roundel.

I preferred the shield but also the single-color monogram, but couldn't get much traction for my "best of both worlds" idea:

proposedNYCFCcrest.png

Archived