2015-16 Soccer Kits and News

crashcarson15

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any Spurs fans here that could make an educated guess on which number yedlin will be assigned?

New recruit @yedlinny had his first training session as a #THFC player today & will wear the number 12 shirt. #COYS

Any Spurs fans here that could make an educated guess on which number yedlin will be assigned?

His current club and country numbers 17 and 2 are already taken so it won't be them.

I really have no idea but if I had to make a guess I would say its a 2 horse race between number 12 and 20.

Not a bad guess, although it was sort of obvious.

It will be interesting to see how far away from the the first team he is right now in terms of fitness and ability. I have only seen snippets of him playing and know he has a lot of pace. With Kyle Walker only returning to fitness from long term injury recently and a lot of games coming up, I imagine he could be featuring very soon.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

I'm not sure if this Lazio retro shirt was posted:

lazio-2015-eagle-kit.jpg

Apparently could see some action already this month.

Am I the only one who thinks that eagle looks a little Nazi-esque?

I mean, it'd be fitting for Lazio...

Am I the only one who thinks Nazis borrowed a lot of their symbols from ancient Rome?

Aquila.jpg

I'm not sure if this Lazio retro shirt was posted:

lazio-2015-eagle-kit.jpg

Apparently could see some action already this month.

Am I the only one who thinks that eagle looks a little Nazi-esque?

I mean, it'd be fitting for Lazio...

Am I the only one who thinks Nazis borrowed a lot of their symbols from ancient Rome?

Aquila.jpg

You're not wrong about that. From the design of architecture specifically created to look great as ruins to the imagining of another Europe-spanning empire, the Nazis had plenty to admire about Rome. Fascists share a lot of iconography in part because of the model of Rome; in fact, Mussolini envisioned himself as establishing a new Roman empire. For that reason, he and Italian fascists since then have used the Roman eagle, which I'm assuming is what CRichardson was referring to re: Lazio, but I don't know much about Serie A clubs

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

I was more referring to the fact that Lazio has an unfortunate number of Neo-Nazi fans. There's a reason why they're occasionally referred to as Nazio.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Yeah, but they also play in Rome and the wolf is already taken. I think it's quite okay to borrow symbols from your own past, even if Americans find it somehow distasteful. If I were you, I'd make a big ruckus about the name of the club, S.S. Lazio. OMG NAZIS.

You're not wrong about that. From the design of architecture specifically created to look great as ruins to the imagining of another Europe-spanning empire, the Nazis had plenty to admire about Rome. Fascists share a lot of iconography in part because of the model of Rome; in fact, Mussolini envisioned himself as establishing a new Roman empire. For that reason, he and Italian fascists since then have used the Roman eagle, which I'm assuming is what CRichardson was referring to re: Lazio, but I don't know much about Serie A clubs

I was more referring to the fact that Lazio has an unfortunate number of Neo-Nazi fans. There's a reason why they're occasionally referred to as Nazio.

Yeah, but they also play in Rome and the wolf is already taken. I think it's quite okay to borrow symbols from your own past, even if Americans find it somehow distasteful. If I were you, I'd make a big ruckus about the name of the club, S.S. Lazio. OMG NAZIS.

Apparently, Lazio's colours of blue and white were chosen as they were setting up a multi-sports club and drew inspiration from Greece and the ancient Olympics. The Eagle is meant to be the Eagle of Zeus.

I think the use of Eagle's in Ancient Rome, Nazi Germany and the Lazio crest are more of a coincidence than a connection. However, Lazio do have very strong fascist connections throughout their history (Mussolini) and still to this day their Ultras are heavily fascist. Once again "SS" Lazio was not originally connected to the Nazi Schutzstaffel but the Ultras often adopt the same Nazi font in their banners.

As a club, they could certainly do more to distance themselves from these Nazi and fascist connections/symbols if they wanted to.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

I'm in phone now, so I'll post a more completely when I get home, but pretty much every major power in the past 2000 years has tried to draw a connection to the Roman Empire. Kaisers, Czars, Basileus, the eagle, purple, pretty much every monarchy used them. It is still the most influential state in history.

Taantumus, the wolf wasn't taken when Lazio formed. It's one of the reasons why Lazio is more connected with the country side than with Rome itself, They could have used Rome's name and colors, but instead they named themselves after a region no one cares about and took the colours of Greece, thus forfeiting any claim they could have had about being Rome's team. As for their Fascists connections, they actually were anti-fascist when the regime forced teams to merge to have only one team per city, but that changed quickly. Their fans are steeped in fascist ideology, and when most of them find it more inappropriate to celebrate a derby goal with a selfie than with a Fascist salute like Di Canio did, it won't change. Their owner is a blowhard, and he's already rifting with the curva for various things, so they'll just take what they can get. I don't have a problem with the SS initials, you shouldn't be forced to change things you used before they became unfortunate

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Next years Puma template!

Green-Halmstad-2015-Kit.jpg

Please tell me this is something for Usain Bolt and not for soccer.

It actually is for soccer. Shimizu S-Pulse already uses a variation of this.

The green kit from above was confirmed by Halmstads BK to become their new away kit.

s-pulse-home-jersey-2015.jpg

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Rumored to be the new Man Utd kit.

Adidas-Man-U-Shirt.jpg

Eh, could have been worse.

The stripes on the side will age really quickly, and the goddamn 3D chevy logo is still hideous, but at least they re-scaled it down.

Make the chevy logo gold or white minimalist and I'd be 100% okay with it.

3aKTw5y.png

Favorite teams: Dynamo Moscow, Detroit Red Wings, Jokerit, Manchester United, Kitchener Rangers

Archived