2015-16 Soccer Kits and News

crashcarson15

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The FC Erzgebirge Aue, one of the most popular former East German clubs, will decide about a new logo at the end of November. The supposed new logo is this one:

2015-11-13_15-30-40_1397.jpg

Here are the two old logos. The left one is from the GDR era and the middle one is the current logo from the united Germany era:

fce_wappen_reinzeichnung-14.png

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

That's a very good logo for the club. Good way to hearken back to the old East German logo.

Meanwhile, the Newcastle Jets of the A-League are going to be honoring the RAAF with... well...
r_176fgpj2gtg731s2fgdxy2qv2n.jpg?t=39147g_v9fx0x6f8xnn1g2ahq60688dq.jpg?t=395231

It's only going to be a one-off kit, which is probably for the best.

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

Scotland received their new garb.

The home kit is one of the most appropriate template uses in some time, but it would have been much, much better without the white sleeves. Scotlands one of the few "traditional" national teams who can go crazy with their away kit, my only real complaint there is the monochrome crest

15ScotlandHOME2.png

15ScotlandAWAY4.png

Oh, and it looks like Milan is "updating" their crest, but that should probably go in the 16/17 thread. Or better yet they come to their senses and avoid using what looks like a trainwreck

16MILANTLK2.jpg

07Giants.pngnyy.png

I don't think we have a Cricket thread, so I guess this would have to go here. An Indian cricket team, the "Rangpur Riders" ripped off the logo of one of the New England Revolution's supporters groups, The Midnight Riders. Kind of crazy LOL.

Midnight_Riders_Logo.jpgRangpur-Riders-Team-Squad-BPL-T20-2015.p

I don't think we have a Cricket thread, so I guess this would have to go here. An Indian cricket team, the "Rangpur Riders" ripped off the logo of one of the New England Revolution's supporters groups, The Midnight Riders. Kind of crazy LOL.

Midnight_Riders_Logo.jpgRangpur-Riders-Team-Squad-BPL-T20-2015.p

Yeah, I was one of the people on top of this when we discovered it Friday afternoon. One of our members saw a twitter post from ESPN with the Bangladeshi Premier Cricket League standings and noticed that one of the team logos looked awfully familiar.

As one of the people involved in the design process for the Midnight Rider's logo (it was a collaborative and iterative efforts between five of us), I got a real kick out of this. So completely random.

patriotssignature.png

Man City's new logo:

manchester-city-crest-2.png

Doesn't really seem consistent with their kits' color balance to me. I'm bothered by how asymmetric the MANCHESTER is vs. the CITY F.C. too. And why the poppie? Will it be Remembrance Day everyday?

That's a previous logo.

In 1971 a circular crest, which had been used on stationary throughout the previous decade, appeared on the team's shirts. The central shield, which was derived from the city coat of arms was replaced in 1972 by a new version with a Lancashire rose instead of the three diagonal stripes of the original.

crest-1970.gifcrest-1971.gif

DC flag mixed with current logo bird and modern typeface. I like it.

They didn't update the awkward bird? That's disappointing. I was really looking forward to a more modern eagle as well.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

DC flag mixed with current logo bird and modern typeface. I like it.

They didn't update the awkward bird? That's disappointing. I was really looking forward to a more modern eagle as well.

They tweaked it.

shield similar/ same shape?

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

Archived