2015-16 Soccer Kits and News

crashcarson15

Yes, maybe for the MLS, they shouldn't do a 3rd for special matches until they are more established. If the Sounders are playing a top Mexican or Panamanian team, and have an international audience, they should look as much like the Sounders as possible. Maybe only allow a 3rd for friendlies?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the simple white kit. I've just never liked the Union's placement on the crest in the middle of the kit. It just feels like there's too much stacked in the top-center part of the shirt.

I like the crest placement in the context of the Ajax pattern that also mimics their crest (and city flag i think?).

It's also one way to be a little unique.

5660299338_f9de1a078e_z.jpg

5659732257_11a2c8d0d4_z.jpg

I wasn't meaning to post a grammatical mistake, I was asking him to clarify the phrase "No alts rumors" because I hadn't heard those rumors. But never mind.

I'm in favor of the teams wearing their primary colors whenever possible, and having a defined clash color when they have to. I'm torn on special Cup kits; on the one hand it's cool to commemorate a special match, but on the other you wear always your best look on the biggest stages.

The bold highlights my thoughts.

Using the Seattle example, they have a unique colour and their primary hasn't changed too drastically in the club's MLS run.

When talking about using 3rds like the Philly "Bethlehem Steel" or the Portland throwbacks, I say "just make them the clash kit" done. No need for 3rds in soccer as far as I'm concerned especially when the clash can be so drastically different than the primary.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Given the prevalence of striped jerseys in soccer that use up two colors on the spectrum, in general I'd say thirds are quite useful for that reason. But two-tone kits are relatively rare in MLS compared with most leagues globally.

I like the white Philly away -- the last few years all three of their kits clashed with dark blue teams, which was ridiculous.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Now I found the source of my no third jersey rumors.

“The league is trying to shy away from third jerseys, but that is a hurdle we will obviously have to overcome if it is going to happen,” he states. “If it’s not a third jersey, we are looking for subtle ways to [represent the Metrostars] on our current jerseys.

Also I found the Tannenwald tweet...

@BrotherlyGame Little FYI: There will be no third kit. Third kits are being phased out across MLS.

And apparenly, it's Adidas's fault!!

@BrotherlyGame I've talked with some people who know a lot about this stuff, and apparently it's adidas cracking down.

Great and I am almost done with a remake of MLS Gridiron which used an Adidas template. I guess it will be the first and last time use that brand with soccer. Two more years left on the contract.

I like the simple white kit. I've just never liked the Union's placement on the crest in the middle of the kit. It just feels like there's too much stacked in the top-center part of the shirt.

It's a throwback to Adidas's template in the 90s:

newcastle-97-home-use-4-1-2-1-2-1-1-2-2-

(Newcastle 1997)

I don't know how I feel about Adidas's waist stripes. At least it's just a thin stripe at the bottom of the jersey and not the top of the shorts like in college basketball

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Just noticed this: Footyheadlines has a teaser for the Timbers kit and it looks like the club is switching to the (far superior) secondary badge on the front. That's the one without the Timbers wordmark covering the axe. Club over the past year has largely switched to this mark, at least on its website and social media feeds, so the move isn't surprising.

Portland-Timbers-2015-Kit.jpg

Footy Headlines seems to be at it again, this time with 15-16 kits for Chelsea (full descriptions at http://www.footyheadlines.com/2014/12/chelsea-15-16-kits.html). I apologize in advance for the massive size of the images.

Home jersey:

chelsea-15-16-home-kit.jpg

Away jersey:

chelsea-15-16-away-kit.jpg

Alternate jersey:

chelsea-15-16-third-kit.jpg

They also have a post detailing all the jersey changes for MLS that we can expect to see during Jersey Week: http://www.footyheadlines.com/2015/01/2015-mls-jerseys-overview.html

From what I can tell here's what we can expect according to them, with strikethroughs for the ones we already have seen:

-New home jerseys for NY Red Bulls, Portland Timbers, Seattle Sounders, Toronto FC, and Vancouver Whitecaps

-New away jerseys for DC United, Montreal Impact, New England Revolution, Philadelphia Union, and Real Salt Lake

-Possible new uniforms for Houston Dynamo

-Likely new away jersey for San Jose Earthquakes

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

I actually really like the armband for the home kit simply because it matches perfectly with the colors of the kit. I'm not such a fan of the away armband however because there is no white in the away kit at all, and therefore I think it will look kind of out of place.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived