crashcarson15

2015-16 Soccer Kits and News

U.S. vs. Chile right now and the U.S. is wearing their red clash socks with their all-white kit. Is that a first? Pretty striking, but matches well with the red trim

Must be a first because the US rarely even has red socks in the wardrobe.

I remember a game years ago (5? 10?) where they wore the red socks with white shirts and shorts. Nice surprise when I tuned in to the game today and saw that combo back again. I think it looks good.

U.S. vs. Chile right now and the U.S. is wearing their red clash socks with their all-white kit. Is that a first? Pretty striking, but matches well with the red trim

bradleychile.jpg

2015 Mexico Home:

15MEXHLK1.jpg

2015 Mexico Away:

15MEXAWLK1.jpg

Have they ever not had a green home shirt?

Did adidas drop Mexico's kits int eh same vat that made the Joker? Hideous!

That black kit is terrible

The chevron isn't good. At all.

But I like the simplified secondary as a badge.

Based on the MLS logo, it's the Red Bulls.

NewMLSlogo_team%2Bversions.jpg

Must be their new white shirt/red sleeves.

I don't think the Timbers kit looks all that bad. Sure the chevrons could be better and match the striping on the badge but I wouldn't call it bad. I'll def be getting one.

I'm honestly surprised more of you guys don't like it. I think it's solid.

Actually almost everyone in Footy likes it, yet my first impression was, "What is Adidas doing with these MLS kits these years?"

I think it looks really bad.

For anyone who doesn't know, Adidas is trying to go back to the classic Argentina/Adidas roots with their latest Copa America jersey. (This is leaked), I think it's too plain.

Argentina-2015-Kit%2B(3).JPG

Comparison...

original.jpg?w=800&h

Portland looks ok, but the arrow from the collar should match the body since the chevron is there. And these look like replicas so the authentic shirts may have other additions. Judging by the yellow shirts in the rack, LA and Columbus won't be changing shirts, just stars and badges respectively.

Edit: Nevermind, the Columbus shirt has last years MLS badge.

I'm wondering why the Portland shirt has the old Alaska Airlines logo? They recently updated it. You'd think that would be on this shirt.

Portland: the colar shape and color going down is bothering me with the chevron coming upwards. But I like that they try to introduce more local or iconic elements into the base design, also upgrade with the 2ndary logo.

As for LA, they will be getting a new secondary this year. the primary (will just get the new MLS logo and the 5th star), also no 3rd is planned.

Hoping they go with blue and a gold sash of some sorts. (a sash made ouf of stars if I get my wish)

Good real life shot. I could deal with the gradient but don't like how it's so harsh to white and navy at the top and bottom. Nonetheless I will still buy it because that's what I do.

2rd84gn.jpg

Update-women's. Also, never noticed the white on the sides.

2iv1af4.jpg

I think the kit is okay but if the shirt is going to be strictly light blue and white then it needs black shorts. If it is going to use white shorts then it needs black detailing. Currently it looks too soft.