2015-16 Soccer Kits and News

crashcarson15

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem with this years kits, and to a certain extent last years kits as well, is that adidas is getting too caught up in templating. Last year they had the line under the neck on the back of the shirts and this year they have the hem line. All the kits just look too similar given that pretty much all of them will either have the hem line or the line on the back. It's bad enough that all the shirts have the three stripes on the shoulders.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

The problem with this years kits, and to a certain extent last years kits as well, is that adidas is getting too caught up in templating. Last year they had the line under the neck on the back of the shirts and this year they have the hem line. All the kits just look too similar given that pretty much all of them will either have the hem line or the line on the back. It's bad enough that all the shirts have the three stripes on the shoulders.

I'm just thankful that even though Adidas use templates they still input points of detail and design that make the jersey specific for each team, rather Nike uses templates like crazy and doesn't change one bit about them except colour, and use, it's suppose to be classy, as back up.

I actually enjoyed last years back neck line, but this years hemline is just BAD.

77QSUj8.pngqCeHhp1.png?1

TFC looks good. Glad there isn't any silly sublimated maple leaf pattern. I can put up with just the one at the hem.

Most of these new kits are quite classy, actually.

Nas I just want to thank you sooo much, I'm not the greatest when it comes to template making, and after searching ALL over the internet for a soccer template that would suit me, I finally found yours, which I've noticed you've put a crazy amount of effort within. Thank you, and any time I'll use it I will surely credit you.

77QSUj8.pngqCeHhp1.png?1

SKC looks like a tablecloth. I do like the Crew kit this year, might buy myself one. I really hope UA or Umbro gets the rights to make the kits soon. I for one wouldn't mind Warrior, because I like the absurdity that half their kits are.

That's what- She

Nike in my opinion is the best bet for the MLS, not only are they known for their good designs, but they are an American company, so if you want to get the league grown more in the US and Canada, then Nike would be a good bet for them. Fingers crossed they do sign with them. I also agree with the fact that many of these designs don't look like Adidas' standards, guess they may be going either lazy or over experimenting with new templates.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Footy Headlines reporting the Revolution's 2015 away kit will look close to this (they called it a draft). Based on the TFC and Impact mockups, this might not be exact.

New-England-Revolution-2015-Away-Jersey.

This would look good for a bike tour but not for a soccer team.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

After reading all your reactions to the new MLS kits, I honestly don't know where a happy medium would be. These kits are simple, yet according to most of you they're atrocious. But yet I can almost guarantee that if Adidas did much different they'd become over-designed monstrosities.

I personally like all of the new kits so far, save for those New England ones. I didn't like the Timbers at first, but I don't think most people like their own club's kits at first. We scrutinize those more than most. I've come to like them.

Nike in my opinion is the best bet for the MLS, not only are they known for their good designs, but they are an American company, so if you want to get the league grown more in the US and Canada, then Nike would be a good bet for them. Fingers crossed they do sign with them. I also agree with the fact that many of these designs don't look like Adidas' standards, guess they may be going either lazy or over experimenting with new templates.

Nike is known for their good designs? You wouldn't know that from reading these boards.

Archived