2015-16 Soccer Kits and News

crashcarson15

Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC (USL)

10982707_560643927405235_226707781186429

switchbacks-2015-home-jersey.jpg?v=14136

Couple of questions with these kits. Which kit is home? Which is away? And does the first set have black and grey hoops? I can't find anything out on any of them, other than that the sublimated chevron one is listed on the team shop as "Switchbacks 2015 Jersey", no home or away specified. They're both good at least, not jaw-dropping or anything, but good.

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get that the red and yellow are from the city flag, but if that's the motif you're going for, then apply it to the crest, too. StLFC is trying to have it both ways, and made a mess in the process.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I get that the red and yellow are from the city flag, but if that's the motif you're going for, then apply it to the crest, too. StLFC is trying to have it both ways, and made a mess in the process.

I wish they just did red and yellow the b and g make no real sense anyways.

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

Exactly, it's the red collar and yellow numbers that mess it up. The flag on the jersey would have been enough of a nod without ignoring the team's colors.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

St Louis FC unveiled their jersey and its... Navy blue?

http://saintlouisfc.com/jerseyunveiling

Was not expecting that.

Why not? Their badge is mostly navy blue.

143458C1-7793-4AB0-BE9B-3F2DD5EC0323_zps

You're right just their brand seemed more like their primary color would be green to me when you look at their webpage and everything. Plus mostly navy badge on a base green jersey would stand out better.

The yellow and red are throwing it off more for me.

Check out pcgd, doing the thing again with Indy Eleven's new 3rd jersey.

https://twitter.com/pcgdstudios/status/567828453132804096?s=09

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Hey you don't gotta like everything and and I certainly know eith your aesthetic it wasn't gonna be your cup of tea.

Just like hearing why someone doesn't like something vs "what a mess." I expected more is all, so thank you for elaborating.

I probably wouldn't have put the whole Circle City (flag?) on the shoulders, at least not in full color, maybe subliminated. It sort of clashes with the red stripes. Unless Indy gave you a list of things that HAVE to be on the jersey, which would be fine.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Sorry Patrick, I just can't get behind it.

There are two entirely different, clashing elements here competing for attention.

A striped kit is good, especially with the checkers. It's what I wanted for the club's home shirt in the first place.

The city flag on the sleeves thing is good too.

But together? They just look… miserably bad to me. The body of the kit is red and blue. The sleeves are white and blue. I can't figure out what my eyes are supposed to be drawn to.

Two great ideas IMO that shouldn't be used together.

I'd be curious if the team dictated that the two of them go together or what?

6fQjS3M.png

Check out pcgd, doing the thing again with Indy Eleven's new 3rd jersey.

https://twitter.com/pcgdstudios/status/567828453132804096?s=09

Are the circles basically sitting on the shoulders similar to a hockey jersey? It's definitely a different look. Like Gothamite pointed out, they're good looks by themselves. I want to see them in action though. I think shrinking the sleeve designs a bit would fiy the overall design better though.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived