2015-16 Soccer Kits and News

crashcarson15

Watching the Montreal-Pachuca match and I see that the Impact replaced the MLS logo on the right sleeve, but not the other. And they still have the MLS font. Is that the norm for MLS teams in the Champions League, or were the Impact just lazy/cheap?

Also, Pachuca's jerseys don't have enough ads :P

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching the Montreal-Pachuca match and I see that the Impact replaced the MLS logo on the right sleeve, but not the other. And they still have the MLS font. Is that the norm for MLS teams in the Champions League, or were the Impact just lazy/cheap?

Also, Pachuca's jerseys don't have enough ads :P

CONCACAF Champions League requires you to wear that patch on your sleeve. Easiest is to cover up one of the MLS patches.

Senior Creative at Sporting Kansas City. Follow me on Twitter: @NateTheDesigner 

And as far as I'm aware, no MLS team has worn anything besides the regular MLS font in CCL in recent years, so no laziness/cheapness to be had.

More shots of the Revs new away, to be worn with red shorts and socks:

dhhowour_sdd%24%24dnkshffvoosp.jpg

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

The lack of hoops/stripes is disappointing, especially given the fact that this (imo) is one of the best looks in the BPL this season:

1375442-29505237-1600-900.jpg

I will wildly speculate that this lack of hoops/stripes is based on lack of creativity from American ownership/designers who don't think about hoops or stripes because of an American uniform tradition of solid colors AND because Adidas doesn't want to do them because they clash with the three stripes all over the place and then they lock themselves into similar designs year to year.

I'll speculate the disappearance of hoops was likely due to how badly the previous hooped-design clashed with the Advocare logo. Wouldn't be surprised if that trend continues with their secondary kit too. Teaser appears to show a plain white kit.

NYCdog.png

I still don't know why adidas made the sleeve cuffs larger on the long sleeve versions of their kits. It just seems unnecessary to me. New England's alternate jersey is just ugly in my opinion. Portland is Ok. Phila gets points for keeping the thirds look, even if it's barely noticeable.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Just saw this close up of Chicago's kit, it looks like that may be a new thing. They're calling it a "lenticular crest" and if you look closely at this one, you can see a "C" pattern in it. I wonder if this will be used to separate authentics from replicas, now that the flag patch is gone.

XcG0yDF.jpg

Oh look, another white tonal pattern away kit.

san-jose-earthquakes-2015-away-kit.jpg

Also, have we seen this yet? Looks like adidas is taking a page out of the Nike NFL book by using plastic (or rubber?) decals:

New-York-Red-Bulls-2015-Kit-Details%2B(1

I think it looks especially nice on the MLS logo:

New-York-Red-Bulls-2015-Kit-Details%2B(7

That's been something they've done for the MLS and flag patches on the authentics, not surprised they applied it to the primary badge too.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Just saw this close up of Chicago's kit, it looks like that may be a new thing. They're calling it a "lenticular crest" and if you look closely at this one, you can see a "C" pattern in it. I wonder if this will be used to separate authentics from replicas, now that the flag patch is gone.

XcG0yDF.jpg

They already have the second MLS patches to do that.

Revolution just officially unveiled their new away uniforms on the Comcast Sportsnet New England TV simulcast of Felger & Massarotti (Radio show on 98.5 The Sports Hub).

B_NRnUIWkAAakPu.jpg

Love the green and red, but can't stand the overall design. The collar sucks, and I'm not sure what the white box is supposed to be.

IDK if this is the case, but when I saw the white box it made me think of the flag.

flag_vector.png

You are correct. Kit was modeled after the flag of New England.

XcG0yDF.jpg

That explains the starbursts on the LA crest:

7418A_LGA_BALGA_SGH_MF_grande.jpg?v=1424

gYH2mW9.png

I wonder if this will be used to separate authentics from replicas, now that the flag patch is gone.

They already have the second MLS patches to do that.

I meant to say, "if this will be one more thing used..." ;) The more you can justify the price gap, the better.

Trying to do some more digging but it seems as though not all teams are going with the lenticular crest. I found this close up shot of the new Portland kit:

B8xlriJCYAA_gs4.jpg

All I can think is maybe that's only for on-field and that the authentics will looks like that ^

XcG0yDF.jpg

The "lenticular" crest was introduced last year. Some 2014 kits already have and trend is simply continuing over this year. Thus, some teams like Chicago, Houston, LA, and DCU will have them now on both home and road kits.

NYCdog.png

Archived