2015-16 Soccer Kits and News

crashcarson15

In recent times the USA has kept a home kit for two years, and introduced a only new away kit in the year following the World Cup. I think the Centennial kit of 2013 was a special case, but you might argue that it set a precedent for a new home kit yearly. But the most damning thing for me: the site that ProSoccerTalk is citing is not one of the regular leak sources, and those don't have any info about it. So I'm taking this with a huge grain of salt, and questioning NBC Sports's editors right now.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ob_4e92c1_newcastle-new-home-kit-2015201

I actually like (not love) the home kit,

Seems like there could be too much white (or not enough black, however you want to look at it). Particularly if the entire back of it is going to white to accomodate the name and number.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

I like how the crest is the right color, and it looks great on that blue, but yeah it does not look real.

I have noticed the usmnt pattern

-World cup kits

-next year third kit

-next year new set

-possible third

-next world cup kits

I hope they stay on this trend as they already have a tough time making an identity.

What's with the alt logos on the Strikers' jerseys?

In the past they've just had "Strikers" across the front. My guess is some agreement with the City of Fort Lauderdale? The monogram on the home is actually quite beautiful.

Germany's women's team is wearing black shorts at this year's WWC.

Germany-2015-women-s-world-cup-kit.jpg

What's with the alt logos on the Strikers' jerseys?

In the past they've just had "Strikers" across the front. My guess is some agreement with the City of Fort Lauderdale? The monogram on the home is actually quite beautiful.

Germany's women's team is wearing black shorts at this year's WWC.

Germany-2015-women-s-world-cup-kit.jpg

This should be how Germany looks all the time. Just like Mexico should be Gr/Wh/R and Argentina should be Sky/White stripes/navy blue or black shorts/white socks. And UDA should be Wh/Bl/Wh at home and Blu/White/Blue with a red alternate shirt and socks for special occasions.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Watching Jacksonville and Edmonton play on my computer right now, and I'm wondering something - does Edmonton have a rabbit on the back of their kits? It's hard to tell on my computer screen but I think they do. I'm also curious on why the Adidas stripes are almost nonexsistant on Edmonton's kit, just a little bit on the sleeves and about half the way down the shorts. Also, Jacksonville's home kits look great, though I wish they'd use a little more gold.

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

FC Edmonton are known as the Eddies. The white rabbit on the back of their kits has something to do with a rabbit being seen on the pitch prior to a couple of wins. It's been adopted as a bit of an unofficial mascot/good luck charm.

Archived