2015-16 Soccer Kits and News

crashcarson15

Any idea when the next German kits are supposed to release? I remember when Spain won the Cup, adidas took advantage by releasing a new kit between cycles.

I don't think we will release a 'special jersey' in between the cycle. The next kits will most likely get presented in a year and be leaked in January/February, as always.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It also looks like it has black and orange MLS badges. So they will be different for each shirt to better match the color scheme of the shirt rather than of the team.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

That Orlando away is just a basic reversal of the home, but looks nice enough all the same.

Should wait to see a proper photo of the real thing but NYCFC hit out of the park (that park being Yankee Stadium, lols) I think. Much more interesting and distinctive look. Hope there's a little more orange than just that front-of-collar bit, otherwise it might look tossed on and out-of-place ... but the rest of the details look pretty good to me.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

I'd tend to agree, though I admit a little bias there.

Hope there's a little more orange than just that front-of-collar bit, otherwise it might look tossed on and out-of-place ... but the rest of the details look pretty good to me.

The MLS logos on the sleeves also appear to be orange, which should help balance it out.

Hmm, good point. I can see the advantages of the FC2 branding, but it is rather boring.

Edit: Also, Real Monarchs is awful.

From my first-hand discussions with Timbers front-office execs, I can tell you that they didn't come to the Timbers FC 2 branding decision easily.

I don't disagree that it's boring, but it's also a pretty challenging branding issue. It's imperative that the name link directly with the parent club in a meaningful way, giving fans an incentive to buy-in, and helping developmental players to feel like they're part of a system. Yet you don't want to give it a name that's too minor league, too cutesy.

So what are the alternatives? The Splinters? If they go FC Portland then the link to the Timbers brand would have to be entirely through the imagery, plus it's the name of a local soccer academy.

They may have taken the easy road out, but it's also the one that makes most sense.

Why do these teams need different names/brands? Why not just use the MLS club name and branding?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

10827892_371616456345150_131626076840959

I'm going to take back the compliments I said about this jersey now that I've seen it a few times. This looks like :censored:.

1. WTF are those diagonal lines?

2. The blue on the jersey seems to be different than the sky blue on the logo.

3. I do not like the the orange on the collar.

4. The whole thing just screams "Halloween" to me in the worst way. It reminds me of the Knicks and Mets from the '90s for all the wrong reasons.

The only two things it has going for it is that it's not a copy and paste MCFC jersey and it looks better than RBNY's alternate.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Archived