2015-16 Soccer Kits and News

crashcarson15

FC Edmonton are known as the Eddies. The white rabbit on the back of their kits has something to do with a rabbit being seen on the pitch prior to a couple of wins. It's been adopted as a bit of an unofficial mascot/good luck charm.

Serves me right for looking at Wikipedia. ;)

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just found out that this is supposed to be the moon's surface:

manchester-city-15-16-away-kit.jpg

That's because of their anthem Blue Moon.

Covered here by former Oasis singer Liam Gallagher and his band Beady Eye.

glory10.png

Wow, that is a really bad logo. The shield gets oddly thin at the top, it looks like they erased a sash across the front because there is an odd gap on the right side, the eagle head never touches the shield's blue, but the red bands do, just a lot of uch going on here.

Whole bunch of new kit releases for the upcoming National Women's Soccer League. Mostly teamwear except for...

Portland Thorns (home, away)

CB7Dnf6WIAALOlx.jpg

Chicago Red Stars

CBTHO2jWcAAW21C.jpg

Seattle Reign (away and third)

W_Away_Front_1024x1024.jpg?v=1427837720

W_UV_Front_1024x1024.jpg?v=1427837665

Washington Spirit (home)

150314_Nairn-Spirit-scrimmage.jpg

Boston Breakers (GK, home, away)

CBoMeJ5W8AAzo-n.jpg

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

I've seen the bomb pop as teamwear for men as well... wouldn't be surprised to see it all over the lower leagues for 15/16.

Two of the San Antonio Scorpions options are recolored bottle pop jerseys. I'm surprised only Chicago and Portland got one custom shirt. Seattle would have been my guess for a custom shirt as well.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I still think the Revs should have simply stolen Colombia's away kits from last year's World Cup, but the New England flag look is a good Plan B. Very fresh and different for a club that has rarely been described as such, especially in a year when nearly all the other new aways were dull all-white affairs.

Interesting that they wore them against the dark red of Colorado, though navy would have clashed with dark red too.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Archived