2015-16 Soccer Kits and News

crashcarson15

Nike's club kits are still good. I'd take them over Adidas any day.

I still place the blame squarely on US Soccer. They're the ones who are supposed to safeguard their visual legacy.

I'm sure Nike bullied them into a corner on this. Either that, or it made them an offer they couldn't refuse. I can't imagine that the powers at be in US Soccer were just like, "White, black, and volt? Sounds good to us," without some sort of persuasion.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am quite possibly one of the biggest soccer jersey whores on the planet, but even I can't justify buying this. I have to vote with my wallet.

I hope this is confined to the women's team, so I can at least keep my USMNT collecting streak alive.

Rest assured, the men will not be wearing this kit. Nike confirmed as much in a USA Today interview.

Oh, yeah? They're already for sale:

http://u90soccer.com/nike-usa-short-sleeve-home-stadium-jersey-38523.html

I am quite possibly one of the biggest soccer jersey whores on the planet, but even I can't justify buying this. I have to vote with my wallet.

I hope this is confined to the women's team, so I can at least keep my USMNT collecting streak alive.

Rest assured, the men will not be wearing this kit. Nike confirmed as much in a USA Today interview.
Oh, yeah? They're already for sale:

http://u90soccer.com/nike-usa-short-sleeve-home-stadium-jersey-38523.html

It has been noted that for the first time, Nike is offering a men's cut of the women's kit.

Ah, thanks. I hadn't heard that.

This was the email I got promoting that shirt:

US Soccer has a new look!

The 2015 USA Home & Away kits are available now at Upper 90! Own the gear that both the Men's and Women's national teams will be wearing this summer in their pursuit of history.

I don't know what's worse, the fact that they confined these kits to the women but not to the men, almost making it seem like they don't care about the women, or if they would've suited up the men in it too.

It wasn't that hard, Nike. Yes, it's still plain, but at least it looks American.

351ij40.png

Would've been a thousand times better. My respect level for Nike has now gone down about -1,000 points.

spacer.png

It wasn't that hard, Nike. Yes, it's still plain, but at least it looks American.

351ij40.png

Not only is that much better, I actually think it's really great. I would've been estatic if they released these for both the men and the women.

I know everyone is absolutely fixated on the US-Nike debacle, but I stumbled across something that's worth mentioning. While I was browsing the new MLS online store, an ad popped up advertising Friday's Chicago-NYCFC match. What's interesting here is that instead of being listed as "Chicago Fire", MLS listed them as "Chicago Fire SC".

3Q8EXlI.png

I thought that was weird and just an error on the part of MLS, but on the website all things that would be listed as "Chicago Fire" are instead listed as "Chicago Fire SC", as you can tell in the bottom left corner. Curious, I looked deeper and went to the store's page for Chicago.

T8vxdtn.jpg

Again, SC is added to basically everything here and it took me by surprise. I don't recall anyone mentioning it here either, so did the team add the "SC" right under our noses? To make sure it wasn't just the store being weird, I went to the team's official page.

zu3WDqY.jpg

This one was different, as while they didn't use the SC on most things, they do have the main banner that reads "Chicago Fire Soccer Club". I checked all other team websites, and I couldn't find anyone that did anything similar (save for Columbus which uses SC in their title). It's also worth nothing that the site's URL and the team's Facebook and Twitter accounts still use the Chicago Fire name.

Long story short - are the Chicago Fire officially Chicago Fire SC, or is MLS doing weird marketing things? As an addendum, could this also mean a rebrand for the Fire is in store? Of course, it's very possible that this all is just a manner of MLS being weird, as I doubt that the team would add SC without an announcement or some mention,but who knows.

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

Were they to add the SC, I'd imagine they'd change their logo to reflect that, or at least tweak it a bit. If they cleaned up the logo a bit and included SC in some way but still kept the main ideas intact, I'd be okay with that. I'm fine with their current logo, but seeing it get modernized properly would be nice.

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

My understanding was that Chicago Fire SC has always officially been their full name, but the SC is often dropped. I know I've seen SC used in years' past. Can't find much evidence, except the Wikipedia page

Edit: Did some searching on the Wayback Machine and found this as the header on the Fire site from July 2011. Couldn't find anything earlier than that though.

c3AVNEK.jpg

My understanding was that Chicago Fire SC has always officially been their full name, but the SC is often dropped. I know I've seen SC used in years' past. Can't find much evidence, except the Wikipedia page

Edit: Did some searching on the Wayback Machine and found this as the header on the Fire site from July 2011. Couldn't find anything earlier than that though.

c3AVNEK.jpg

That's what I've always thought. It's always been Chicago Fire SC, but they leave off the SC part so much that it looks weird when it's actually there.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

c3AVNEK.jpg

That's what I've always thought. It's always been Chicago Fire SC, but they leave off the SC part so much that it looks weird when it's actually there.

Yeah, they've always called themselves "Soccer Club" and the banner at Toyota Park has always said as much. The changes on the website are just marketing tactics.

Nike are such a joke in my eyes. Some of the :censored: they've put out for soccer clubs lately is just godawful. So many of their designs look like last-minute ideas thrown together and sent to the assembly line, and they consistently make the US National teams look dull and/or cartoony. Thank God United is switching to Adidas.

kGFTWyb.png

Nike are such a joke in my eyes. Some of the :censored: they've put out for soccer clubs lately is just godawful. So many of their designs look like last-minute ideas thrown together and sent to the assembly line, and they consistently make the US National teams look dull and/or cartoony. Thank God United is switching to Adidas.

When United announced that they were going with Adidas I was ecstatic. Some of Bayern's, Real's and Chelsea's looks these past couple years have been phenomenal.

spacer.png

Archived